DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr I just bought a PDX-600.1 from BestBuy on closeout for $325 and when I got the amp the shipping box was fine but the Alpine box itself looked a little squished and after opening it I could see that the cardboard the stabilizes the amp on the bottom was a bit flattened. I cant see any damage to the amp and the stabilizing cardboard on the top of the amp looks okay. Of course if you shake the box the amp flops around in there a little bit....

It annoys me... I mean it looks fine. Am I being overly critical? It's hard not to want things to be perfect. I need to lighten up...:rolleyes:

Can PDXs take a bouncing?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr I just bought a PDX-600.1 from BestBuy on closeout for $325 and when I got the amp the shipping box was fine but the Alpine box itself looked a little squished and after opening it I could see that the cardboard the stabilizes the amp on the bottom was a bit flattened. I cant see any damage to the amp and the stabilizing cardboard on the top of the amp looks okay. Of course if you shake the box the amp flops around in there a little bit....

It annoys me... I mean it looks fine. Am I being overly critical? It's hard not to want things to be perfect. I need to lighten up...:rolleyes:

Can PDXs take a bouncing?
Mine took a bouncing.

The guys who installed mine mounted it on the rear seat. One weekend I decided to install some rear speakers and I have to remove my backseats, therefore I had to remove the amps and lo and behold... I heard some rattling like something had broken off inside the amp.

I wanted to open it up to find out what it was but I was afraid of voiding the warranty. The amp still works fine, so until it doesn't I am going to leave it alone.

·
Registered
194 Posts
It is all discrete mounting inside..

They are shaken and banged on during the "test and burn in period"

Your new baby is going to be ok.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts