DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am setting up a 3 way front stage. my plan was 8" midwoofer in doors, 4's and tweeter. are midbass speakers position sensitive? or more like a sub. could i put 2 in the center console facing each door? instead of in the doors facing each other? or will that result in bad sound quality? i could do larger and even ported enclosures building a console. which one of the drivers i am considering (silver flute) is recommended for.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
This is going to be very xover dependent. I have seen what you are talking about in a center console, but think the installs I saw had very low xover points. I know a guy that was playing around with a single 6" sealed in a center console but he was only playing a little over 100 to 50hz.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they will probably cross around 70-80 hz up to where i cross into my midrange. I've seen many pictures of installs with larger speakers in the console. probably more spl oriented though. I'm looking more for sq then spl. so probably need to keep it in the doors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.