DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for something nice.
I really like the sound of the peerless csx mids.. midrange was a bit nasty.

can one get a nice midbass only speaker cheaper than a 6.5" that tries to do both jobs. ?

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
seahag said:
can one get a nice midbass only speaker cheaper than a 6.5" that tries to do both jobs. ?
Sorta confused in what your asking....Speaker price isint indicitave of size. Are you wanting a driver that can do both midbass and midrange...as it sounds?

If so, L18/CA18/G18 are all good choices for that.

If Dang's Midbass ever comes out then that might be something to look into.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well imo the peerless csx doesnt do midrange well.
It can sound nice yes.. but I really like the midbass.
I have a pair fo ca18`s for testing and While the midbass is nice, its really laid back.
I prefer the peerless. midrange is another story but I dont think a large driver can sound nice in the midrange.

IF i could find a decent large speaker to do midrange and midbass WELL I would jump at it, otherwise I like the detail with a 3 way system. Problem with 3 way is you need More speakers, more amps more rcas more \space... Can get overwhelming too.

opinions?

·
Registered
60 Posts
If you had the chance to try the Seas G18RNX/P it has improved midrange over the CA18RNX. I'm giving a pair of Seas P17REX/P a try soon and wonder how they fare :D

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
If you want something a bit more detailed, even agressive... try the L18rnx/p and don't filter out the top end :) Same bass as your CA18rnx.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
yeah man thats a steal for those IMO

my only concern is that to pay by credit card with solen you have to send in a form that has your name, addresss, signature, and credit card number with security code on it

they use that to cover themselves through cutoms and CC fraud, but whos to say there paperwork will never leave there hands, and with all that info someone could inflict some serious credit card fraud

they do take money orders though

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have the L18s (not completely sure exactly which model) in my doors for strictly midbass (50 Hz - 200 Hz). They are awesome IMO. Sometimes I will turn off my midrange and play the L18 up to 2.5 kHz and stop it at 150 Hz. Sounds great to my ears doing this as well.

There is too many options out there to always be sure you are getting what you think will best suit your needs. You have to either listen to everyone's car or take a chance. Good luck!

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Speaking of dedicated midbasses.... I may have something for everyone this weekend :)

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
GRexer said:
If you had the chance to try the Seas G18RNX/P it has improved midrange over the CA18RNX. I'm giving a pair of Seas P17REX/P a try soon and wonder how they fare :D
How were the Seas P17?

·
Registered
578 Posts
The Peerless XLS8 is not a midrange alternative... 500hz down would be its ideal application.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts