DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say whats up. Purchased an 06 G35x about a month ago and have been researching on upgrading the system ever since. Haven't made too many decisions with it yet.

Currently purchased:

Image Dynamics IDQ10D4 to be put into a 4080enclosure
Kenwood DNX7120

Researching/Purchasing Soon:

Hertz HSK165/Rainbow Audio SAC 265.25NG 6.5" comps
Rear speakers - coaxials for passengers, nothing special

in search of a 5 channel amp for all this, looking into:
Memphis Belle MCH1300
JL Audio 500/5
DLS CA51 or RA50

Open to suggestions, actually looking for them as until very recently only looked at the mainstream companies, never even heard of companies such as hertz, rainbow, seas lotus, etc... I'm a true NOOB when it comes to car audio.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Looks like your starting out with some dependable pieces. Always start with reading, before opening that wallet...

;) good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not to reactivate an old posting....besides my first posting. I bought a DNX7120 a little over a year ago. I personally think it is a POS. I an searching again for a replacement unit. I thought I would like the Kenwood because of the Garmin GPS software, which turned out to be a little let down, besides the other features of the unit. When it boots up upon turning on the key in the vehicle.... it sometimes goes into a numb and dumb mode. Then the factory reset button has to be reset and then enter all info int he unit again...now that becomes a real PITA. The Sat radio module can NEVER display what actually is playing...and the list goes on.
So I thought I would post this so when anyone is doing a search on this unit....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts