DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, I'm new to mobile audio and recently installed an 80PRS head unit and swapped out the door speakers for Focal ISC 165 speakers in my 2008 Chevrolet Express 1500 service van I use for work. I'm very pleased with the improvement so far but was wondering if there was still potential in areas outside head unit and speakers.

I use a Nexus 6 with mostly lossless music files whether on the device or streaming with the Tidal app which runs me $20 a month so I'm definitely wanting to maximize my experience within reason.

I'm using all the connections on the 80PRS like usb drives and sd card and stuff but recently ran into a discussion about usb dac's, specifically the AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2. I'm wondering if this would be a useful tool in increasing the SQ in my van? I'm also wondering if the better way to use this device would be a 3.5 to rca connection or a 3.5 to 3.5 connection to the 80PRS?

I've never used the RCA inputs on the 80PRS and I've never seen that input listed as a source, so I'd love to hear some input and experience before I make a $150 leap of faith on a piece of equipment that I've never bought for any scenario. I've never had a dac or high end headphones so this is new territory for me. I spend so much time working in my van I'm on an obsessive quest for audiophile heaven.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, thx man. Was thinking nexus with viper4android using fkac into 80prs would be pretty sufficient. It was looking like all that would be compromised using a DAC with my head unit. Just wanted to be sure I wasn't overlooking a convenient improvement.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.