DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you run the 800prs in active mode, are the crossover filters also applied to the speaker-level (internal amp) outputs? I can't seem to find a clear answer in the manual and I don't have it installed yet to test myself.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
The unit has a switch on side of the chasis where you can select NW or STD. NW = Active mode and STD = passive mode. You would need to press the reset button everytime you change the mode.

In STD mode you can set the xover point for your sub LP and your mid HP. The passive xovers on your speakers would split the signal between the mids and tweets.

IN NW mode you can set both the sub/mid and mid to tweet xovers from the HU. This would apply even if youn were using the speaker level outputs i.e. no external amps. You would remove speakers passive passive xover and connect the drivers directly to the units speaker level outputs.

Hope this answers your questions.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The unit has a switch on side of the chasis where you can select NW or STD. NW = Active mode and STD = passive mode. You would need to press the reset button everytime you change the mode.

In STD mode you can set the xover point for your sub LP and your mid HP. The passive xovers on your speakers would split the signal between the mids and tweets.

IN NW mode you can set both the sub/mid and mid to tweet xovers from the HU. This would apply even if youn were using the speaker level outputs i.e. no external amps. You would remove speakers passive passive xover and connect the drivers directly to the units speaker level outputs.

Hope this answers your questions.
So I know which ones are which, what I need to know is: Can I use both the RCAs and the speaker level ouputs at the same time with 3-way NW turned on (in other words, biamp a pair of speakers with the internal amp). My goal is to power a rear fill pair of speakers so I don't have to buy another amp, space is very tight in my rig.

Interesting, I had not seen that PDF before. That diagram makes it look like you can only use one or the other and not both.

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
Yes you can use either the pre outs or the speaker levels. The p-800 does not do a 3 way active.

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
By three way I meant midbass+midrange+tweeter. Which is actually a 4 way when you include the sub. So the p-800 can do a 2 way (midbass+tweeter) plus sub but it can't do a three way plus sub.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now that we have those semantics out of the way...

I am new to this whole time alignment thing. My next question is, will the 800PRS be able to Auto TA the rear speakers if they are biamped by the HU itself? (while the fronts are externally amplified) I am guessing the HU will adjust the delay based on the sum of the sound from each side...or I am completely missing something here and it will not work as I have envisioned. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
It will delay based on the sound it puts out while running the TA tests. If you have an amp running the fronts and the HU running the rear it will run both of them at the same time.
The HU makes no difference between the RCA's and speaker wires. So a big chance your rear speakers will mess up auto TA for the fronts. Not that bad though, it isn't very good to begin with. You're better off doing it yourself. Check out this thread:
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/how-articles-provided-our-members/96196-precision-time-alignment-using-only-noise-tracks-your-ears.html

Just remember TA on the Pioneer is in distance, so you need to adjust this method to that.
If you want to try auto TA I'd suggest disconnecting the rear speakers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts