DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
That is very well done. A question for you and anyone else. I will need custom pillar work for the 3" mids on my 2006 SLK. But the pillars both are connected to the top inner roof in one piece. So, I'm guessing pillar "overlays" on top of my pillars would have to be made? There is a hump from the sterring wheel displays so the mids would have to be a few inches higher than the tweeters...The tweeter cone points to the chest level of the opposite seat. Here's one pillar. It has 2 sides. One side points down towards my lap and the other points to the middle of the windshield. I don't know if there are any other mounting options besides a whole pillar. Maybe just a moulded speaker mount attached to the pillars?

1581619385646.png

I'm considering the ARC Audio RS series speakers and 1000.6 amp w/DSP. I've heard very good things but cannot find any online reviews.

Thanks.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hey ribrown, I was offered a pretty deal on the focal Utopias and was wondering what your opinion is. I am currently running 3 way focal es165kx3 and somebody asked me if I would want to buy a component set of focal Utopia 2 way number 6 and just use the es165kx mids. How do you think they would sound in comparison?
I have no experience with Focal speakers. I know they are really good high quality speakers, but I am not the one to ask. Sorry.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts