DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently started collecting old Denon gear, haven´t got much, only a few pieces but it´s only been a few weeks. Missed out on some nice ones on ebay.uk. What I got so far is:
DCT-650R mint contidion, remote from the 750 works if you change the display.
DCT-750R
RC-453 (should have been a 451)
DCE-2155
DCA-3400
and two brochures with lots of info which is hard to come by :)
Plan to pick up a DCT-850R with a DCH-520 changer if I can get it at a reasonably price. Seller wants 1500,-NOK or 266$ :eek:

First scan, test.

·
Registered
811 Posts
memories.... man I miss those old decks. So simple to use with awesome SQ!!

Only issues I had was they anti skipping wasn't the best & after a few years of use the black color on the buttons would wear off.... but man did those sound awesome back in the day

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven´t noticed any skipping caused by driving on a bumpy road, but the spindle motor on most denon players wears out and cause poor tracking.
Superb sound for a low end head unit and good radio reception too :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here´s the 650 in my old school car, 96 Passat Family :p

A bit dusty eq, not easy trying to cram it in the space beneath the ashtray.

My sub, a Boston Competitor 1200, it had not been used since new. The original box had all the stickers/shop labels on it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks. If I can find a dca-3500 to go along with the dca-3400 I got, I will replace the jl audio 300/4 and a6450 I use now. Need a Denon crossover too I guess. There´s a DCE-280 on ebay I might get.

·
Registered
66 Posts
there's a dcc-1570 10-disk changer for sale here locally. i passed on it once. if i can get the seller to come down a few bucks, maybe i'll pick it up for one of you denon lovers? i have no real interest in it myself. anyone?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ive got a mint Denon DCS 1201W 12" sub ....
Would love to post pics but cant due to number of posts ..

Any body got the thiele parameters for the sub ?.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I missed my dct-1000 I had back in the day ...as a replacement to my old school sony xr7500 i believe ?? the pulled out cassete dead head

·
Keepin' It Old School
1,028 Posts
I had a DCT-850R around 1993-4 (can't recall exactly). I used it for a couple of years, then it died and I went back to my trusty Alpine 7903s, which I used until I got one of the first Alpine's to play MP3's on CD-R...the 7894 (2002, IIRC).

The Ads and scans are great, big thanks for posting for everyone to enjoy!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts