DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it's a 7 band eq with crossover and fader. anybody know anything else about this thing? I just picked it up for $20.

·
Banned
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bastard!!!

pics???

or ban!
really? I was thinking of using it to be the active/passive biamp bridge I've been after. It's an addition to an auto-tune passive system for "personal touches"

·
Banned
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
really? I was thinking of using it to be the active/passive biamp bridge I've been after. It's an addition to an auto-tune passive system for "personal touches"
Any reason why this wouldn't work to act as a level adjuster between two amps biamped to passives. IOW, using the fader, I can adjust the ration of power, even though I won't have individual control over each channel, it would be control over the passives. +I'd have some fine tuning over the auto-tune of audyssey. good plan?

·
Banned
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tttt

·
Banned
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did it! I made a friggin' decision. There was this huge nagging part of me that wouldn't let plain old passive do it for me. I ran another set of RCA's and have my midbass and mid+tweet connected sperately VIA the fader knob on this unit. It is almost 20 years old and doesn't have even a hint of noise in. There is a defeat, sub on/off, 7 band eq, 80-120hz cut-off, sub level. The unit is nice and I now have real handy "tone controls" sort of by fading between the two amps. Anybody have any ideas what the output voltage on this unit would be? I have not implemented the rear-fill into the system and it hasn't been autotuned. I'll run Audyssey as soon as the 5 " peerless ($10 each at Madisound) arrive and get installed in the back door.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts