DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have this beautiful Denon head unit that I used to have in an old vehicle along with a carputer. Everything worked perfectly. When I sold the car, I put it in a box and it's been stored in my closet for at least six years now. I just got around to installing it in my vehicle, and I'm having some issues that I can't get to the bottom of. The FM radio works great, with only the expected issues that come with using a band expander.

However, when I try to play a CD, I can hear it spinning and the track timer starts counting up, but there is no playback. I also plugged in a stereo mini jack to RCA cord to the AUX input, and again there is no playback. The CD ended up getting jammed somehow and wouldn't come out, so when taking it apart to remove it, I took a close look at all circuits to see if there were any obvious issues, but I couldn't find a thing. No idea where to go from here, other than getting ridiculously meticulous with a multimeter. I can't find a schematic anywhere, and there is no info about this issue to be found on the internet, so I'm at a loss. All I can really figure is that it was percussed and something broke.

Would love to get this beauty back up and running.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts