DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone seen the two auctions on ebay right now? I'm wondering if those are both real...a few things in the description of the second auction seem odd, but the first looks legit. I don't know if they made any knock off's of that unit or what, but I don't remember a limited edition or however one of them is described. Also, wasn't the Z-1 the top of the line HU back then as well as the Alpine F-1? I've read about an A-1 or something like that, but I was thinking Denon went out of business shortly after the Z-1 came out, and quite frankly I can't see anything that could have been improved on the Z-1. I'm curious as to those eBay auctions and also what a brand new Z-1 would be worth...

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
I only see one Denon DCT-Z1 for auction right now at 6:48PM central. The last from Denon was the DCT-1 and DCT-100 which were better than the previous DCT-Z1 and DCT-R1. The DCT-1/100 were only released in Japan, few have made it to the US but have been imported (probably by Scott Buwalda owner of HAT). There is the DCT-A1 and DCT-A100 which were even previous models

I havent seen any fakes, but you never really know I guess

·
Registered
321 Posts
I only see one Denon DCT-Z1 for auction right now at 6:48PM central. The last from Denon was the DCT-1 and DCT-100 which were better than the previous DCT-Z1 and DCT-R1. The DCT-1/100 were only released in Japan, few have made it to the US but have been imported (probably by Scott Buwalda owner of HAT). There is the DCT-A1 and DCT-A100 which were even previous models

I havent seen any fakes, but you never really know I guess

The Z1 is better than the DCT-100 unless you were writing that respectively comparing it with the DCT-R1.

THe Z1 was limited to 1000 units (though that isn't very limited.) You can pick Z1's up fairly easy for $6-800 these days. The DCT-1's are a lot more sought after.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jesus, at the Z-1 having retailed for $2500, how much were the better two? Lol Also, what was better about them? Actual sq, or more modern capabilities? I'll check again, but I had just looked before I posted that. Both were used, but the better looking one was like $1236 or something like that, and the other one was around $650, but looked kind of beat up in the back...I have always thought the F-1 sounded better than the Z-1, but the only real difference I could tell was the Denon having had a tad bit of Denon like sound for lack of a better way to describe it. I must admit I'm not just curious about this for no reason. Picked up a real deal on a brand new Z-1 in the box still sealed when Denon went out of business and have always kept it planning on installing it at some point but have never gotten all the other components for such a system together. Kind of dissheartening to learn that they made two better HU's...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Btw, just checked and they're both still on there. One is $1260 and the other one is $691. Both bin I believe...

·
Registered
321 Posts
The second is a DCT-A1 - they have just written Z-1 in the title to get more views.

I also feel that there are many headunits that I prefer over the denons.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
The Z1 is better than the DCT-100 unless you were writing that respectively comparing it with the DCT-R1.

THe Z1 was limited to 1000 units (though that isn't very limited.) You can pick Z1's up fairly easy for $6-800 these days. The DCT-1's are a lot more sought after.
The DCT-100 is actually an upgrade from the dctz1. The dctz1 was the top of line before the dct100 and the dct1 was released. The dct1 and the dct-100 only differs in the fact that the dct1 has balanced output compared to the dct100, but as far as the internals the dct1 and th dct100 is identical. ;)

According to denon its DCT1 > DCT100 > DCTZ1 > DCTA100 > DCTR1

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So what's different about the DST-1 and the Z-1 except that the DST-1 has digital output and is black? Digital output really should have been put on the Z-1 tho...

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hi guys, does someone know how to calibrate the eye lens lazer for a denon z1 or have the cd disc to calibrate the eye? thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts