DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 JL Audio 12w6v2-D4's. I have BassBox 6 Pro to help me determine the correct measurements of my box. According to it, the dimensions for a sealed enclosure are 32.05(W) x 10(H) x 12.5(D) using 3/4" MDF. This gives the box a total internal volume of 1.653 cu. ft.

However, JL Audio's manual for a single sub states dimensions of 18(W) x 14(H) x 12.75(D) will give you 1.25 of volume. For 2 subs, just double everything. When I calculate that, I don't come close to what BassBox recommends. So what's going on here?

·
Registered
2 Posts
the only thing you need to double would be the width.

that would be a SUPER huge box if you doubled height and depth also.

measurements should be 36 x 14 x 12.75 i would think which would be 2.81 cubes

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm.... well, seeing as I trusted what BassBox said, the box is already built according to their recommendations and it sounds flat. :(

·
Registered
991 Posts
if it came up with 1.6xx vs recommended 1.25.. put some 2x4's inside the box.

what amp? are you running bridged mono or stereo? If stereo did you install a divider between the woofers? what kind of car? where & how is the box mounted? what kind of music?

all are important in helping you get past "flat"...

*edit* also remember that some design programs are "net" & INCLUDE the volume the woofer displaces (JL's recommended boxes are this way) & other programs are "gross" & you have to subtract the voulme of the woofer from the overall box volume to get net yourself.

I believe JL gives woofer displacement specs.

Rob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts