DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1121 - 1133 of 1133 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all I have been using the p99 for a few years now. However, recently I have faced a major issue and that is that it Is not reading a usb . It keeps lmao giving me error19.

I tried to plug it directly into the deck itself into the p99 but it still would not read it .

I was wondering if someone could help me out here . Should I give it to a repair shop something I really would like to avoid . Or should I reset it .

With resetting though would all my tuning settings be erased ? Equalizer settings?

I would really really appreciate any help here in resolving this error 19 issue .

Thank you

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
So I am on my second P99. This one has the Matt R mod. Love the deck still but its been a few years and I dont think the BTB200 likes newer phones. I mean it links and all but I have to pair it via the phone every time I restart the car now. Last one was when the Droid Turbo came out and worked fine. With my S10+, not so much.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,123
Re: Auto EQ without Auto TA question..

Of course, you are correct - Having moved away from a bootful of Audio Control Gadgets it would be interesting to imagine and see just what a full blown DSP could do over and beyond where the P99RS is at - and I agree, when max'ed out, this headunit can do some quite amazing things.. for me, it has given me a way better system than my previous EMMA competing system and done so with a lot less equipment..
The biggest advantage a full blown DSP has over the DEX is to EQ individual channels and drivers. This might not seem like much but it is huge!
Imagine your woofer has a rising, ragged response just after the crossover frequency, say this one:
Setting a steep slope on the crossover will not be enough to get rid of the rising, ragged distorted artifacts. Steep crossovers also come with issues, such as overall coherence and blending as a system.
If you had an EQ for that channel, you could easily reduce and flatten the response of just that driver without affecting the other drivers in the system and get rid of those nasty peaks!

·
Registered
209 Posts
So I am on my second P99. This one has the Matt R mod. Love the deck still but its been a few years and I dont think the BTB200 likes newer phones. I mean it links and all but I have to pair it via the phone every time I restart the car now. Last one was when the Droid Turbo came out and worked fine. With my S10+, not so much.
Try going into function menu while in BT phone source and Reg Phone. This is how my 880prs works with my BTB200

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yes it will play through the USB port. Sounds good too
I just bought a nice example from Feb 2010 & it won’t play sound from iPhone XR via USB. I can see the track is playing on the P99rs display but no title track info or sound.
Funny thing is, my voltage display shows xx.x instead of the actual voltage.
Do the early P99rs not work well with iPhone? Mine is the one that says HD radio ready in the faceplate (early model?)
TIA

·
Registered
178 Posts
I just bought a nice example from Feb 2010 & it won’t play sound from iPhone XR via USB. I can see the track is playing on the P99rs display but no title track info or sound.
Do the early P99rs not work well with iPhone? Mine is the one that says HD radio ready in the faceplate (early model?)
TIA

They should work fine, try using a different cable.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
209 Posts
Ok but this one worked with my 88prs.
What’s the deal with the voltage display, perhaps that is a clue?....
I’m getting the BTB200, but was excited to go directly into the DAC via USB

·
Registered
178 Posts
Ok but this one worked with my 88prs.
What’s the deal with the voltage display, perhaps that is a clue?....
I’m getting the BTB200, but was excited to go directly into the DAC via USB

Heads up on the BT it's okay for calls but the quality is okayish and you need to pair every single time with you phone which is annoying, I'd go with an aux input adapter instead and use a third party BT module

Plus try resetting your unit using a pin on the hole in the faceplate

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
209 Posts
Did the resets already.
I use BTB200 with 880prs in my third network mode car. I was also frustrated with this, but deep diving into the Function menu one can REGISTER the phone so pairing is more automated and I am pleased with audio....phone calls sound a bit loudish but whatever

·
Registered
209 Posts
TIA

Got it! I had previously deleted iTunes and all my Apple Music from my phone because it would automatically start with that library on my 80 prs. Reinstalled iTunes, opened it while connected to usb and now 99rs usb works!
Regarding the voltage display, I just got off phone with Pioneer. The only advise they could give was check the red wire! I will because I blew a fuse when I accidentally cut the bundle with the ign on (constant fuse and HU were NOT in the circuit at the time)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello guys,
Seem like the P99 (and the P01 Japanese versions) have been long live since its released day 10 years now. And I am still in love with it. Just one unit that can do it all nicely, to be humble.
Pioneer seem never care to evolve this unit features to match up with technologies out there.
And me too...

I wonder during the last 10 years, if anybody has found a best way or modifications to, either:
- Feed Spotify or Tidal via some kind of raw digital signal from an Android phone into the unit to make use of its amazing DAC?
Not via Blutooth. Just because as I am aware, the BT technology in this unit is far outdated. It use A2DP which will re-encode and compress the signal to as low as 256kbps. Losing all hi-res pieces from Spotify and Tidal.
- Or dig out a COAXIAL IN port from the unit, so it can decode the signal from the popular Digital Players?

Hope to see lots of comments to shed some lights for me. I have been in the dark for sooo long.
Thanks

·
Registered
326 Posts
I vaguely remember someone tapping into the internal digital signal to send digital out to their DSP, but i think you'd be hard pressed to figure out a way to input digital directly INTO the unit. Although I have an EE degree, I don't mess around with electronics but it would take a real expert to put something like that together I would imagine.
best bet would be to run it through a high quality exernal DAC and then feed it into the aux port. Obviusly adding another conversion layer, but many experts say this is trivial as long as your signal chain is high quality. Just saw a matt schaffert video where they claimed best sound quality was using a high end DAC player feeding analog into the DSP, rather than the standard head unit raw (unprocessed) digitial directly into the DSP, saying the DAC player playing high resolution and using highest quality DAC was better, even though the DSP of course has to convert it once again. Anyway food for thought.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I vaguely remember someone tapping into the internal digital signal to send digital out to their DSP, but i think you'd be hard pressed to figure out a way to input digital directly INTO the unit. Although I have an EE degree, I don't mess around with electronics but it would take a real expert to put something like that together I would imagine.
best bet would be to run it through a high quality exernal DAC and then feed it into the aux port. Obviusly adding another conversion layer, but many experts say this is trivial as long as your signal chain is high quality. Just saw a matt schaffert video where they claimed best sound quality was using a high end DAC player feeding analog into the DSP, rather than the standard head unit raw (unprocessed) digitial directly into the DSP, saying the DAC player playing high resolution and using highest quality DAC was better, even though the DSP of course has to convert it once again. Anyway food for thought.
Thanks for the insights. To me, that seem way too much load for a system. Or may be not. I would need to find out more then.

1121 - 1133 of 1133 Posts