DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this deck has been installed in my cruiser for 5yrs, but has only been used for a few hours every other month. Yesterday, the battery in the car was dead and was charged up enough to jump and start the vehicle. I let the car charge for an hour. I played the stereo at the end of that hour without a problem for a few songs. Then I shut off car and ate lunch returned and not enough charge in battery to restart. Went to town and bought a new battery. Connecting up the amps power cable to the battery, the key was in the on position so there was a spark as the current the amps draw when radio is on and the remote signal wire turning on the amps causing the arc/spark at the battery. I cussed&%$#@@ up a storm then started car and went to listen to the stereo.....
Volume level was down 90% and scratchy sounding. Almost as if the ATTenuation was active. I tried every rca output to each amp and reset the P99 without any changes. Power to amps and deck were all good. Battery cable connections had no burn thru and chassis ground were all good. Every function on radio works. Its just the output on the rca cables to amps seems to be the issue. .....

So, anyone have a clue what I might be looking at?
If I need to send this to a Pioneer Center where would I do that?

If you would like to communicate with me my email is ritttzz @ yahoo . com

·
Registered
388 Posts
Pico fuse?
Apparently, they are an easy fix/inspection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have read about the pico fuse here but the problem seemed to be a radio that has noise in the rca output or a radio not working. I have a volume limit issue with a dirty signal out the rca output. I didnt read all the posts though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.