1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone heard or used it before?:confused::confused::confused:
pros/cons
im thinking about getting one, maybe you guys could
tell me whats up before i make a mistake getting it...

·
Registered
88 Posts
i ve done the resaeach on these. depending on how you like your music, or wether or not you have an EQ you'll want to go with silk tweeter. Ti can be a little in your face on long trips so an EQ is a must. bass extension great, mid natural. buy 'em, for $200 you wont be dissapointed.

RULE #1 never crank a bad stereo!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yo! The Hex Pro tweeters are the same tweets from the Diamond D9 component set. You should be able to find a review of them here. The tweeters in this set are very detailed and lifelike. Not the "in-your-face" style that most hard dome tweeters produce. Almost no listening fatigue with them as well. I actually prefer them over the Dyn Esotec tweeters that are fairly highly regarded. The midrange is just that, a midrange. Midbass is a little weak on this driver but still decent. From 300 hz to 3000 hz is where this mid shines. Very detailed and lifelike, no coloration. It all depends on the price that you are able to get them at and if you will be running a dedicated midbass driver. The tweeter though is the true standout in this set.

The older D9 midbass driver was 7" and a completely different design. Excellent sounding speaker, robust yet very controlled midbass output. I used this with a Zapco Competition 4" mid and the D9 tweet and it was phenominal. For best results with the Hex Pro set, find a good midbass driver to compliment the mid and tweet.

Oh, and sadly Diamond has been going downward ever since they sold to a new owner a couple years ago...

·
Registered
715 Posts
If these are the old "Hex.Net" speakers made by Eton, they are some of my favorite speakers. The difference being the cone material looks like wet cabon fiber as opposed to the gray carbon fiber stuff they used later. I found them very detailed, very smooth. Very nice to listen to, for even long periods of time. I know the knock is that they don't have a ton of midbass, but they were just right to me.

I liked them so much I bought not one but two 3-ways (if you're interested, let me know).

·
Registered
136 Posts
^^^ Yep. Those are the speakers I gave you my insight on. If you have any other questions, feel free to post or PM me.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The newer Hex's are OK, they sound pretty decent.. The older Eton based ones are VERY nice... I hate how companies change design specs / manufactures to cut costs but keep the same name on the speakers... Either way for the money they are a good speaker.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts