DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last try:

Used Diamond Audio HEX S500s Silk Dome Tweeter and 5 1/4” comp set - $110 shipped
Purchased new in 2002, used for a couple of IASCA SQ shows and stored ever since. One mid has small dent in dustcap (PICTURE 3) which was done by Diamond and had no effect on performance. In like new condition (aside from dent) and includes brand new grills and owners manual.

Used Diamond Audio “MacDaddy” MD12.4 12” 4ohm single voice coil sub - $100 shipped
Purchased new in 2002, run sealed for a couple of IASCA SQ shows and stored ever since in like new condition. Includes owners manual.

BNIB Stinger SCPT201 4ga Centerpin Ring Terminals - $4ea

BNIB Stinger SCPT202 0ga Centerpin Ring Terminals - $4ea

BNIB Stinger SCPT400 Centerpin Distribution Block - $10

BNIB Stinger SFPD2ANL Fuse Holder - $10

Used Stinger SDB2 Distribution Blocks - $5ea

More pictures: Pictures by hybridspl - Photobucket

·
Registered
63 Posts
free bump....and if anyone needs another or two diamond audio macdaddy 12.4, i got two. one in almost new condition which would pair up nicely with hybrid's. and if you dont care and just want to have 3 for a 1.333 ohm load....i have a used one that the only thing that makes it look older is the cone being darker....

if you have never heard these subs and/or on a budget, you cant buy better subs for the price. buy hybrid's first and then i will cut you a deal for one or two as you wish...and then i may buy hybrid's components....

·
Registered
34 Posts
It's not you. I know it's cliche to say it's the economy. I know we discussed me buying those macs, but I'm currently out of a job and I need money to apply to law school, otherwise I would love to get me that pair.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I may be interested in the distro blocks and the fuse carrier, can you tell me if it can take 4ga in and out the distro blocks and the fuse?

Thanks!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
meelo, all three distros have a single 4ga in and four 8ga outs. The fuse holder takes ANL fuses, has one 0ga in and two 4ga outs (but smaller wire could be used). Let me know if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
166 Posts
is there any chance that 4ga will fit of the SDB2 on the output side...i tried to look on stingers site for the specs but i came up blank.

If you could verify that for me I will most likely make the purchase..of the two distro blocks and the ANL fuse/distro.

I just haven't decided how i'm going do my system fully yet but i'm getting a decent idea. But i'm not changing wire gauges to power my amps so I would need the whole power section to be all 4ga.

Please let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
None of the 4ga I have will fit the output side, but some of the cheaper stuff might. Conversely, there is enough meat there that you could always drill out the openings if you wanted to.

·
Registered
166 Posts
hummmm interesting...are the prices you listed shipped? or is it +shipping ?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The accessories do not include shipping because I was leaving room to combine for multiple quantities. If you want to get the fuse holder and both distros, I will do them for $26 shipped and paypalled.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have a pair of s500s and they sound amazing!! why are they not sold?? cheap too.

·
Registered
166 Posts
payment sent. Thanks!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
All Stinger accessories ( except for eight 4ga ring terminals ) are now sold. Diamond gear still available too. :eek:

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a pair of s500s and they sound amazing!! why are they not sold?? cheap too.
+1
If I wasn't so financially fucked, I would buy these for my lady freind. She has pioneer coax. And paid a little less for them than what he is asking for, lol.

I also have a pair of these inside my car. They do sound pretty deliciously rich. I feel the are slightly lacking on mid-bass (compared to my quarts), but it really depends who you are and how you like your sound. What I do know, is they very smooth, strong, clean and clear. The tweeter is nice too, yay for silk. These speakers have a bi-ampable option add on if you are ever interested in getting a 6.0mx3. Then you can run a true 3-way.

I think anyone who bought these would not be disappointed in the least bit. Especially at this price. The perform VERY well. I paid over 200$ for mine 2 yrs ago and I was really surprised with their performance.. Still tickin with no problems.

Anyways, GLWS

1 - 20 of 40 Posts