DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My JL15w6 is dual 3 ohm.

I have a Diamond d7152. here are the specs.

• 4 Ohms: 150 watts x 2 chan.
  • 2 Ohms: 300 watts x 2 chan.
  • 4 Ohms Bridged: 600 watts x 1 chan.
my question is will the amp be able to handle the sub and how do i figure the math to make sure i have enough power since the amp cannot handle a 2ohm load bridge. per specs provided from manufaturer.

second question. Will an Arc audio ks600.2 be sufficient to drive the subwoofer hard.

Hope to get schooled. newbie in training.

Thanks

·
Registered
177 Posts
The way you could run that safely with either amp is with the voice coils in series for a 6-ohm load then bridge the amplifier. It would have less power then the 4-ohm bridged rating (maybe around 450 watts) but would still have good output with a 15 I bet. Just make sure you have your gains set correctly and if you don’t have enough output look for a bigger mono amp that is 1 ohm stable and run the VCs in parallel with that.

·
Registered
236 Posts
The DA would surely run it fine on a 6 ohm load but I would save it for front stage duties and use the Arc for the subwoofer instead. Better to bring the power and not have to use it versus not having enough and ask your amp to do more than it's capable of.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks so much for the feedback. it makes sense. didnt know if there was an amp out there that is 3ohm stable.

i also have an esx475.1 which might be better for power if i run it 3 ohm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts