DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know the difference between the H650 and the H660

i believe the H650 doesn't have Sub time alignment or processing for that matter is that it?

thanks guys

·
Registered
572 Posts
The bigest difference is a software update that allows you to use your headunit volume controll with the 660, where the 650 REQUIRES you to use the volume controll on the remote for the processor. What they did with the upgraded model was answer the main complaints about the 650, not sure how much was really changed other then the software side of it.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
The bigest difference is a software update that allows you to use your headunit volume controll with the 660, where the 650 REQUIRES you to use the volume controll on the remote for the processor.
While technically true, you can trick it to allow you into using your head unit remote. That's how I ran mine, never had any problems with it.

H650 has no remote, H660 does.
Almost got everything right, but the H650 does have a remote.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
While technically true, you can trick it to allow you into using your head unit remote. That's how I ran mine, never had any problems with it.

Almost got everything right, but the H650 does have a remote.
how did you trick it?

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
how did you trick it?
"The workaround for this is to use the "aux input" on the h650. Set the volume on your headunit to max before clipping. Now turn the volume up on the h650 to as loud as you can, preferably using a disc that was recorded at low levels. Leave it at that volume and turn down the volume on your hu. Now, you can use the volume control on your headunit... with the caveat that AntEQ will be disabled. For my TSX, that wasn't a problem for me at all since the frequency response of the headunit is ruler flat past half way (20/40 on the knob), and I think the mild bass/treble boost at that low of a volume didn't affect sound quality in the least."

Taken from this thread.

It may not work for your HU, but it worked for me as my factory HU also put out a flat response. So, instead of using the high level input on the H650, I spliced in a pair of RCA's and used the aux input.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts