DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys:

I need to upgrade power to about 1000w RMS at 4-2 Ohm or more power.

I would like about 1500+ Ish at 1 Ohm.

i would like the amp to be one Ohm stable. When I check big names, I can’t decide what’s good. I trust Rockford, JL doesn’t make what i need, AudioControl is new on the amplifier block and is not 1 Ohm stable.

if I go into the RF Power series, the price jumps and it doesn’t make much more than an R2-1200X1.
Is audiocontrol amps any good?

Is digital designs good amps? Or just Korean rebranded amps.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
06 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
78 Posts
Out in my neck of the woods, DD is used in quiet a few SPL comps. One fellow is travelling in the States now for competion as we chat here

·
Premium Member
2021 Ford Mustang
1,545 Posts
DD products are normally very solid, reliable, and well built. Normally, their products are highly modified versions of the typical build house versions you would see. If you are trying to save some money check these amps out:

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Rockford makes good quality stuff. Can't go wrong with them. I have their prime series in my boat (marine version) and it's good stuff too. If you're not wanting to spend for the power amp, the prime and punch are great too.

Audiocontrol has a basically sponsored YouTube channel, so I don't trust them for that. DD I feel like is known more for subs than amps. I'm sure they're fine though.

I think you need to decide what you want to spend and go from there. The epsilon amps are pretty solid really, and very budget friendly. If you don't want to spend for rockford, they're good amps still.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I personally think Audiocontrol makes amazing amps. They make them here in my city (Seattle area) and they're super reliable and beefy as well as underrated. I'm not a big Steve meade fan but I was talking audioconrol with a guy yesterday and he showed me a video steve meade did yesterday on the Audiocontrol 1500.1. He got it up to 2300 watts at 1.33 ohms and it did great on the dyno.
You'll hear guys talking about how the Audiocontrol dsps are a little more limited in their processing power compared to the other big players: Helix, addison etc.But as far as amps they're awesome.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I got a RF T750bd for now.

i do think that the DD amps look nice. Mostly word of mouth. Not many vids on Youtube doing dynos. Or anything else for matter.
They do seem like beefed up Korean amps. Does it matter which korean build house made it?

the other thing is that the entry level basically is $860.Is that price about $200 over the competition and , if so, is it justified?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts