DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I know we have discussed this but it has been a while. What is a good distribution block out right now? I tried to find the old design street wires fused block but can't find them. The new design is horrible.

Does anyone have a preference or other info on dist blocks?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Ok, I know we have discussed this but it has been a while. What is a good distribution block out right now? I tried to find the old design street wires fused block but can't find them. The new design is horrible.

Does anyone have a preference or other info on dist blocks?
Narrowing down what you need out of said block, would probably make this thread move along more smoothly.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
what about grounding back to the battery?

- j
As far as i know it isn't necessary unless you feel the need to, such as you cant get rid of a ground loop or you just feel like doing it.

The chassis is a better ground though, think of all that metal its going through. a lot less resistance than say a 4 ga wire. (not saying this is proven, it varies from vehicle to vehicle)

·
Registered
417 Posts
Out of all the installs I've done I've never ran ground back to the battery. It was all hooked up to one spot inside the vehicle chassis, paint sanded off. I never had any issues so far.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Out of all the installs I've done I've never ran ground back to the battery. It was all hooked up to one spot inside the vehicle chassis, paint sanded off. I never had any issues so far.
Same here. Besides, I can spend the 25-40 dollars (that it would cost for the 15 feet of 4 Gauge wire) on something more important.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts