DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,266 Posts
Thanks Bobby.
I found your guide on AudiWorld, and used it to help navigate the build in my 2021 RS5.

In the newest (MIB-3) MMI system, there is even more changes to the speaker outputs:
Most of the speakers are driven by the amp in the trunk... but a few are driven from the actual 'brain unit' which is located behind the glove box. I didn't record which speakers, or the wire colors (as I didn't use them), but just wanted to point this out.

100% agree with your assessment. Audi (like many new cars manufacturers) are tripping over themselves to add a pile of unnecessary small speakers. They program-in silly effects like 3D and Concert Hall... and I'm sure to 99% of their target audience; these effects seem cool. But for the 1% that actually know what decent system can (and should) sound like; these effects are garbage.

Thanks again for your detaiIed post. As mentioned; it definitely helped me in my build.

·
Super Moderator
2,266 Posts
Ya... at the end of the day, Audi isn't interested in the best sound quality. They are interested in maximizing profits.
The agreement with B&O is not so much about audio engineering, as it is about marketing a brand name.
This is the same with all car manufacturers.

Like I said; 99% of people out there don't have a clue about true sound quality. And car manufacturers know this. They cater to the masses.
This is why you see so many posts on AudiWorld about guys who just added an aftermarket sub, and though it was awesome!
Then everybody agrees with them, and wants to do the same thing.
People don't get it... and most people are just using crappy pirated MP3's on their phone, as their source.

If you look at the base model OEM speakers, and then look at the B&O speakers... they're EXACTLY the same!
Just that B&O adds an amp with a bit of built-in DSP effects, and a handful more of those crappy 2 dollar speakers.

Anyways, thank again for your contribution. It definitely helped me in my build.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts