DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have been looking through the site for a while now and haven't found clear enough explanations on DIY kits.

Can I buy any speakers I wan't and match them together? Or are there certain rules I have to follow.

I have a lack of room in my car so a 3" mid would be the absolute top size I can fit.

What type of Xover do I need? Where can I get them?

I read alot on the Seas 7" woofer but what size box do they need? I could possibly get a 3 liter box but not much more. Would I be better off with a 6"?

I live in Canada, are there store for DIY kits here?

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
DIY is all about picking drivers that best suite what you need and want in a set. Its also about getting the most out of your money too. You can buy any speakers and match them together but I can't promise you it'll sound good. I'm sure people here would be more than happy to help you decide on a set of components perfect for your car, budget, listening preferences etc. If you answer a couple questions it would be easier for people to help you out. How much money do you want to spend? How are you gonna install this stuff? 2-way or 3-way? What kind of car do you have? Do you have amp(s) picked out and are you going to go active or passive? If you answer these questions it will make your project a whole lot easier to start. Just remember though, its all the install.... I found that out the hard way.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have an amp already and a CDT HD-642 3 way kit. Problem is that I can't do a good install because of my lack of room.

The amp is a Zapco ref750. I also have a Zapco SLX-2 processor.

What I would like to do is go from a 2 way kit to eventually a 3way kit when ever I will change my car.

Right now, what I need is a 6" midbass that can fit in about a 3 liter box and still sound good.

My goal is to buy a Adireaudio Brahma woofer pretty soon so I don't need low midbass.

I don't really get the active/passive crossover thing. What's the difference? How can I adjust the frequencies I am sending to each speaker?

Can I buy a 3 way crossover but only put 2 speakers on it until I buy a new car?

I saw the Adireaudio koda6.1 crossover for 20$. Add the 6" woofer they have for 80$ each, then I have to find a tweeter... but wich one? Is adrie a good choice?

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.