DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a set of Rainbow SLC265's and i'm not entirely satisfied w/ the performance of the highs. To get the performance I like out of the tweets, I need to EQ really high on the 6.3khz and 10khz bands. They aren't sharp enough for me... would like something smooth AND detailed/sharp if such a thing is possible.

I was thinking maybe trying a DIY solution. Any recs on tweets I can buy and just plug into my crossovers? Would have to be 1" dome style tweeters as I can't find much else beyond that size. (maybe 2" if I aim them off the dash like the stock tweeters I replaced)

Running tweets on dash angled to driver in a minivan, comps powered by alpine at 50w rms per set.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LPG

do you think I could just drop these tweets into the rainbow passive crossover? (and have suff power?) if so, this is near the top of my list for sure.

btw, how do the 26na's compare about the 25nfa's? i like detail, but warm + detail is good too. :) <sigh, maybe i want everything>

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone else weighin in? dang?

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
I'd check the review forums or do a quick search for comparisons between the 26na and the 25nfa.

I have no idea on the passive crossover, but my instincts tell me it should be fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts