DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i want this thread to be a massive review section about the diyma 12 sub that npdang sold recently to a lot of people on here. i got two myself and will post pics of the box and install im making. so everyone should post pics of their boxes and installs on here. try to keep it to one post and not scattered in several posts, just like one finished install and some pics to show it. even if you have these and didnt get them from npdang go ahead and post anyways but it must be the diyma 12 sub :D hope this gets somewhat big!

let errr rip!

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
ItalynStylion....nicely done.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Mine went inside a 2005 F150 center console:
Outside of the truck:

Outside of the truck sub in:

Inside truck sub in:

With rear air delete in:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I know a little off topic but, When these were for sale someone inquired about a grill for these, Here is sellers ebay ID: brightstarcaraudio I got one and it fits perfect except mine has only 4 pre-drilled holes not 8 as in picture, but the grill is nice and sturdy with a concave grill :)

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Great work as always Steven! You always seem to do beautiful work on cabinets meng.
Thanks man. I'm actually planning on making a couple of these and selling them. I'll be using a different amp though since the LT550 is discontinued. I'll probably throw the Dayton or Bash 500watt plate amp on it. It's a GREAT sub for home audio use.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
I made a ring for mine to start a fiberglass enclosure, but before going through the rest of the work I figured I'd build a quick 1 cube enclosure to see how I like the sub first.

I just now got it screwed in, so I haven't hooked it up yet.
I'm currently running two RE SE12D4s ported to 34hz, off 1600 watts at 1 ohm. The DIYMA will be getting 550 watts since it's 4 ohm.

I'm looking forward to the comparison, my bass has been turned down to almost minimum lately and Ive been driving a 93 pound enclosure around for pretty much no reason.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I will be done in about a month or so. But here is a 3d layout of what my plans are. I will start the box this weekend. Hopefully i will have it done by the end of june. I am not sure how to do carpeting (and keep it clean looking) so i am going to paint it with a textured black finish (truck bed liner???).

Any comments and suggestions would be appreciated.:cool:

Equipment used/mounted to the box:
2-DIYMA 12's
Infinity Kappa One (800W RMS @2ohms)
Infinity Kappa Four (the top amp in the center rack)

I will also concoct something to hide my wires on the back side of the box.

Attachments

·
Registered
438 Posts
I wish I were finished so I could post a few pics with everything put back together but here is what I have so far...

The DIYMA is in a .85 sealed enclosure just behind the seats in a 1990 Mazda RX7 Convertible.

As you can see, I built the box before I got the DIYMA and had a little mounting depth issue, thus the carpeted ring.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
how is everyone sealing their subs to the box? mine seem like they are leaking a bit when the bass hits around the ring. is the rubber gasket enough?

·
Registered
36 Posts
how is everyone sealing their subs to the box? mine seem like they are leaking a bit when the bass hits around the ring. is the rubber gasket enough?
I haven't installed mine (yet) but when I do I'm going to use butyl tape. It's very pliable and will seal perfectly. WARNING: it is tacky so if you have to remove your sub it will be difficult! BUT it does an amazing job for sealing speakers to enclosures. I bought mine at McClendons Hardware, it comes in a roll not sure how many feet but will be enough to do ALL speakers in my install. It's also very cheep $10-15 You could also use foam speaker gasket tape but I like the butyl better it molds itself to any imperfection that you may have.:D

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Jesus guys, are there not enough threads on this already? I'm closing this in 24 hours and deleting it in 48, move your posts to the right thread.......

It was a boner long ago, no need for sloppy seconds.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts