DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I turn this feature off..... I was pretty upset this morning when I got up and checked my paypal and saw that I made a payment for membership, when I never had.

I may have done it anyway, but honestly it is pretty annoying.

I would like to make the choice each time whether I renew or not.:mad:

Just and FYI for the rest of you, if you have a membership, it is automatically renewed.

·
Administrator
2,487 Posts
Check your PayPal it should appear as a recurring payment or a subscription... something like that. I turned mine off in PayPal I know that much.

·
Registered
983 Posts
I cancelled the recurring billing shortly after I donated for the first time... I can see that as being annoying though, a charge showing up a year later :D

·
Banned
2,071 Posts
most definitely cancelling my pay-in to the big e-popularity contest.
Audi on that ****[email protected]#$%^

·
Banned
2,071 Posts
I'm not seeing if it is signed up this way or not. Where would it be located please?

****locate transaction, click subscription details, bottom of page--->>> cancel subscription.***

I really don't remember signing up for an annual fee, was this obvious and I just missed it?

·
The Anti-Rice
2,525 Posts
I'm not seeing if it is signed up this way or not. Where would it be located please?

****locate transaction, click subscription details, bottom of page--->>> cancel subscription.***

I really don't remember signing up for an annual fee, was this obvious and I just missed it?
X2 and even with it being a$20 I am a little pissed.......not understanding the above walk through......how do I keep it happening for the third time in 2010?

·
Banned
2,071 Posts
X2 and even with it being a$20 I am a little pissed.......not understanding the above walk through......how do I keep it happening for the third time in 2010?
you have to look into your transaction history. hit transaction details. then it says (somewhere) subscription details, cancel subsription.

·
The Anti-Rice
2,525 Posts
.....and how do I know that other people are not doing the same thing to my account?

·
Banned
2,071 Posts
.....and how do I know that other people are not doing the same thing to my account?
??I'm not following? I think this was probably a check box we hit when we signed up and didn't pay close enough attention. At least now we know.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah, it wasn't in the place it should have been for me.

I don't remember seeing it as automatic either, but the current membership does say at the bottom that it is auto recurring.

go to Paypal and sign in
click profile
then click pay list
click diyma
then click cancel

It is not under recurring payments. it is under the financial section in your profile and then under pay list. Set it from active to inactive

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just in case you missed it the first time :rolleyes:

yeah, it wasn't in the place it should have been for me.

I don't remember seeing it as automatic either, but the current membership does say at the bottom that it is auto recurring.

go to Paypal and sign in
click profile
then click pay list
click diyma
then click cancel

It is not under recurring payments. it is under the financial section in your profile and then under pay list. Set it from active to inactive

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
My account is clear.

Thank GOD!!!

I split dimes when I plan on buying something!!;)

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
Sorry for any confusion guys. The feature is a subscription.
When you guys signed up for it it was listed in your paypal account as a recurring payment subscription on an anual basis. Same way it is listed on our site in the contribution sign up area.

IF you guys want a refund and no longer to be a contributing member, let me know.

Moving this thread to the Contributing member forum since it is strictly a contributing member issue

ANT

·
Online Consultant
349 Posts
Shows you how much I come here.

I too completely forgot about the reoccurring payment until I received an email telling me I sent $20 to Second Skin Audio... oh well I'll remember next year. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts