DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
the darkside is loud
6,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
See what you've started SouthSyde?
Here's the new virtual car audition forum many of you have asked for.
BTW, please thank Ant when you see him post for adding it to the website.

Ok, here's it's purpose and how to use it.
It's purpose is to feature DIYMA member's car audio systems in the form of a video clip like on YouTube.
This forum is a virtual car audio sound off designed to present in video format what you have accomplished with your vehicle sound system and for us to hear how it sounds as if we were actually sitting in it taking into account the limitations of your mic recording it and our speakers reproducing it.
Each vehicle gets it's own thread.
If you choose to participate, make a video or videos of your car and sound system with your personal narrative explaining what we're looking at.
Present it as if you are inviting us to audition your car and let us hear what you've done.
You can post pics as well but only after the initial video(s).
Everyone else can post a comment or ask questions once a thread is started.
Please use SouthSyde's thread as an example:

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/general-car-audio-discussion/127394-lets-hear-your-car-who-wants-play.html

Enjoy the new forum!

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR

·
Registered
374 Posts
Bret, you are badass!

Thanks for helping out with this. And thanks Ant!

·
Registered
374 Posts
I will also get a new video of mine here soon. I will have some new goods here tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts

It's purpose is to feature DIYMA member's car audio systems in the form of a video clip like on YouTube.
This forum is a virtual car sound off designed to present in video format what you have accomplished with your vehicle sound system wise and for us to hear how it sounds as if we were actually sitting in it.
If you choose to participate, make a video or videos of your car and sound system with your personal narrative explaining what we're looking at.
Present it as if you are inviting us to audition your car and let us hear what you've done.

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/general-car-audio-discussion/127394-lets-hear-your-car-who-wants-play.html

Enjoy the new forum!

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR
Glad I could be of assistence! :)

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
yea, this is an awesome idea to get some good contributions of user created stuff on the forum!

great content! i look forward to seeing everyone's virtual tours.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts

This forum is a virtual car sound off designed to present in video format what you have accomplished with your vehicle sound system wise and for us to hear how it sounds as if we were actually sitting in it.

Enjoy the new forum!

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR
Um....I don't agree at all with the bold part.
I think this is an awesome idea and I will be putting one up shortly,
but no camera phone or regular camera audio recording will sound anything like these cars do in real life.
Not trying to be a dick but it's not fair to all the guys who put up movies just for someone else to hate on it based on the lo-fi recording.
Just had to throw that out there, been bugging me.

·
the darkside is loud
6,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Um....I don't agree at all with the bold part.
I think this is an awesome idea and I will be putting one up shortly,
but no camera phone or regular camera audio recording will sound anything like these cars do in real life.
Not trying to be a dick but it's not fair to all the guys who put up movies just for someone else to hate on it based on the lo-fi recording.
Just had to throw that out there, been bugging me.
I'm pretty much sure that was clarified (beat to death) in the other thread.
We all know that much like a speaker cannot fully represent the music, a mic cannot fully pick up on it either.
But if the videos in the other thread have shown anything, it's that it's not too bad.

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
I'm pretty much sure that was clarified (beat to death) in the other thread.
We all know that much like a speaker cannot fully represent the music, a mic cannot fully pick up on it either.
But if the videos in the other thread have shown anything, it's that it's not too bad.

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR
It was clarified till your statement in the first post of the new thread.
Now half the noobs will think these vids are accurate representations of the sound quality of a vehicle. Whatever.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Now half the noobs will think these vids are accurate representations of the sound quality of a vehicle. Whatever.
there is one in every crowd.........

·
the darkside is loud
6,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This forum is a virtual car sound off designed to present in video format what you have accomplished with your vehicle sound system and for us to hear how it sounds as if we were actually sitting in it taking into account the limitations of your mic recording it and our speakers reproducing it.

Better?

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
This forum is a virtual car sound off designed to present in video format what you have accomplished with your vehicle sound system and for us to hear how it sounds as if we were actually sitting in it taking into account the limitations of your mic recording it and our speakers reproducing it.

Better?

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR
Hey Bret, just tack a little disclaimer in your op. Then its covered and done for anyone that frequents in the future... or just copy that ^^^ post in your op.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Haha this is great!! I've been following the other thread and actually thought it was a great idea. Anyway it's good to see everyone else seemed to liked it as well. I'm working on getting my truck completed and will post one once I'm finished...... :)

·
Registered
2,106 Posts

Better?

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR
Yep that is a lot better because the other way was grossly unrepresentative of the intent of this kind of video walk through of your system, which is all that it is good for.

However if you feel differently read below.

I cannot travel to where you all live.:( Please just post a video and I will tell you based on that if your system sounds good.:thumbsup: I can even help you tune it over the phone based on your video and me listening to it over the phone.:D

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Drop a penny in the.......

I need a better device. This is at a moderate volume and I can tell some sort of muting circuit in the camera is affected by the snare........

1 - 20 of 40 Posts