DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
the darkside is loud
6,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Ok, I'm going to ask a stupid question for you members that have done this to answer.
I made a vidclip of my stock system so I can do a before and after post.
The problem is I don't know what to do with it.
It's 330mgbs and won't load on photobucket.
How big (mgbs) are your vidclips?
Where are you posting them?
Is it a free site?

Thx,

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Up to 20GB. :)

Initially there is a duration limit though, simple users can upload videos of up to 15 minutes each. You can bypass this if you give them your phone number (or something like that).

Make sure you have the most recent version of your browser (Chrome, Firefox or - yikes - IE) installed.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I am going to do a before and after video series.

record stock before video, then wait until my system is installed, and then record the upgraded video of the new system, then post them both to show the difference.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
PPI-ART COLLECTOR said:
Ok, here's it's purpose and how to use it.
It's purpose is to feature DIYMA member's car audio systems in the form of a video clip like on YouTube.
This forum is a virtual car audio sound off designed to present in video format what you have accomplished with your vehicle sound system and for us to hear how it sounds as if we were actually sitting in it taking into account the limitations of your mic recording it and our speakers reproducing it.

I can understand the photos and maybe even video to show build progress and completion (which already fit in the format of build logs- which we HAVE)...but why in the hell would anyone on the DIYMA website think that a virtual sound-off would work in any sort of fashion, or even be a good idea...? This is the kind of crap I expect to see on youtube and the caraudio forums, not here. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Hoping to move past that captain. I think everyone who knows how to read this thread understands now that it's more of a video walk through than "virtual demo". Still I agree.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Even a video of someone's ride playing music can give you an idea of what certain speakers sound like - what their capabilities are. Of course, nothing compares to actually sitting in the vehicle in person but some of us just don't have that option available to us for alot of the top end equipment out there.

The videos that provide a walkthrough as well are even more valuable in my eyes too as you stated.

·
jtaudioacc
1,952 Posts
I can understand the photos and maybe even video to show build progress and completion (which already fit in the format of build logs- which we HAVE)...but why in the hell would anyone on the DIYMA website think that a virtual sound-off would work in any sort of fashion, or even be a good idea...? This is the kind of crap I expect to see on youtube and the caraudio forums, not here. :rolleyes:
I like the videos, but I don't think the audio shows anything near the finished product. Although some of the ones I've done sound really good, I still think they are a horrible representation. I do believe most understand this.

What I really like about video, is that you can really get a better sense of fit and finish, as well as size of certain things, like dash/a pillar pods. Many pictures don't show enough of the detail, imo.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Even a video of someone's ride playing music can give you an idea of what certain speakers sound like - what their capabilities are. Of course, nothing compares to actually sitting in the vehicle in person but some of us just don't have that option available to us for alot of the top end equipment out there.

The videos that provide a walkthrough as well are even more valuable in my eyes too as you stated.
You'll never get an accurate idea, not even close to what it sounds like in person. But theres nothing wrong with the videos for entertainment.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
The way I see it, you will get closer to hearing a good SQ system here than a good SPL system on YouTube... lol

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
You'll never get an accurate idea, not even close to what it sounds like in person. But theres nothing wrong with the videos for entertainment.
Sure, that is so true BUT it is better than I have available here usually which is nothing. I did finally just get to hear a couple of the new Mosconi amps for the first time in a ride. Just got back actually. I think it was the Zero One and Zero 3 he had in there. All I can say is holy mother do they pack a punch! That would defintely not be able to be captured effectively with a video. It is still fun to see these videos as you guys said nonetheless.:)

The way I see it, you will get closer to hearing a good SQ system here than a good SPL system on YouTube... lol
No true. Usually all I can hear is buzzzzz.... on those videos.:laugh:

21 - 40 of 40 Posts