DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as said in the title. I have found good reviews on the older style c6a's that i have found in places for 100 dollars as they are clearing out for the new modelshttp://http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/index.php/index.html/_/reviews/speakers/dls-c6a-performance-component-speakers-r627

The new ones have a different style "whizzer" it seems. The separate crossovers allows some flexibility as i would probably run the mids off a small pioneer 35x2 and the tweets off my eclipse 5030 that supposedly 25w rms. Maybe buying a small 4 channel later on. I like these because of the high sensitivity low rms so they will sound better without 100w going to them.

A moderator has suggested raw drivers because i can run active with my head unit. Just not sure how that works after i hook up an amp. He has said some rs180's and some vifa dual ring radiator tweeter from PE. These will equal more than the dls and be harder for a rookie like me to dial in. I am also concerned about mounting the larger home audio tweeters in my truck. Once i modify my panels i cant go back to a smaller set of tweeters later on.

Opinions?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, thats what ive been reading but when it comes to people recommending comps in this price range of 160 or so no one ever says dls. Its always imagine dynamics or massive audio. Although i havent heard anyone say anything bad about the dls sets even the cheaper b6a's, but they only have a .6 tweeter as the c's have a .8

·
Registered
866 Posts
IMO the dls comps are superior to just about anything in their price class.
Same goes for the HATS
I've been a dls dealer since they came here. So I guess I u could say I know the product pretty well.
Let me know if u need help getting them.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if you can give me a steal price i would highly consider it. Ive seen them for 140 with make offer deal and im thinking i can get them for much closer to 100 if not 100 shipped

1 - 5 of 5 Posts