DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I just found a used set of DLS RC50 so I scooped them up. My intent is to run them on the dash (don't have custom A pillar $ right now LOL) along with DLS Gothia midbass as part of an active 2-way setup w/ DLS CC amps.

There seems to be very little info out there for the RC50 but the seller said that he ran them down to 800Hz with no issues and they sounded great. While I don't doubt any of that I'd like to see if anyone else has experience with this specific set.

Much thanks!

· Registered
344 Posts
I don't own a set but here are all the specs of this specific driver . Notice the sensitivity only 83 db so i would match it to a mid-woofer with similar sensitivity( probably no more than 85db ) . Also pay attention to " frequency range / response " to later frequency recommended, two different things. Let us know how they sound.

DLS RC50 - Reference 2" Wide Band Tweeter

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't own a set but here are all the specs of this specific driver . Notice the sensitivity only 83 db so i would match it to a mid-woofer with similar sensitivity( probably no more than 85db ) . Also pay attention to " frequency range / response " to later frequency recommended, two different things. Let us know how they sound.

DLS RC50 - Reference 2" Wide Band Tweeter
Thanks for the heads up on the specs. The midbass will be a set of DLS Gothia 6.5" which have a sensitivity of 86 db, according to what I can find online. I'm guessing that'll be close enough, so I'm gonna roll with it. I got a really sick deal on them, barely used, as part of a former dealer inventory blowout.

None of these speakers are installed yet, and I'll likely wait until it's consistently warmer outside to even start the project. I'll definitely report back after everything is installed and tuned and I have a good idea of how they really perform. Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.