DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

DLS: Scandinavia vs Gothia

9K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  m@tty 
#1 ·
I got to hear a competition car earlier this week that was running a 3-way scandinavia front stage and was very impressed with it. Between the cost of the speakers, amps, and processing the 3-way is a bit more than I'd like to spend.

I've been thinking about running either the scandinavia 1 tweeter with the scandinavia 6/2 mid active off a 100x4 amp. My other option is to run the Gothia 6.3 in a semi-active setup with the same 100x4 amp. The midbasses would run on the 2 rear channels with the front 2 channels powering the tweeters and mids through the passive crossovers. The mids and tweeters would be right next to each other in the a-pillars so time alignment shouldn't be an issue. The cost for either setup would be almost identical.

What would you guys recommend? Fully active Scandinavia 2-way or semi-active Gothia 3-way?

#3 ·
Wow. Honestly, thought I'd get a bit better response to this question. The owner of the shop and car that I listened to suggested the gothia 6.3 over the scandinavias for my install, but I still can't seem to decide.

Still in the planning stages at this point, but this is what my setup is looking like so far...

Factory navigation/head unit
Audison Bit one
JL Audio hd900/5
DLS Gothia 6.3
DLS Nordica 12

#5 ·
Nothings set in stone at this point, still in the planning stages. If I was to run an amp with more power, say 150-200x4, for the front stage would that tip the scales in favor of the scandinavia components?

This install will be primarily for my own enjoyment, but at the same time I've always had an interest in trying my hand at competing so I want something that is capable of holding it's own at local/regional events.

#8 ·
I have heard the scans, and I own the gothias (6.2s). I am running active through a DQXS to a ZED Draconia II and the Goths are, IMO, much nicer in mid bass performance and basically across the board. the Goths are much warmer than the scans and do extremely well with so many different types music. I vote for the Gothias That's just my 2 cents.

#9 ·
Thank you!!! Thats exactly what I needed. I was already leaning heavily toward the Gothias anyways, just needed that last little nudge.

I want to run the 3-way gothias. Probably just going to run a 4-channel amp, 2 channels for the midbasses and then use the passive crossovers to run the other 2 channels to the midranges and tweeters, I am considering running a 6 channel (Arc KS900.6) to do a true 3-way active setup.

#11 ·
Where are the speakers going to be mounted? If you picked up a JL HD600/4 also, you would have an awesome setup. Bridge that to the midbasses and run the 4ch from the 900/5 to your mids/tweets, then you have a sub channel also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.