DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at the DLS 6.5" components (DLS MS6A & DLS UP6).

Just wondering if these are good speakers and what they would compare to. Are they better sounding than the ID's?

I can't seem to find a dealer in Canada to give these a listen.

Thanks......

·
Registered
407 Posts
Very good, but research the difference between the different models before you buy.

MS6A will have more midbass than the UP6, but the UP6 comes with a slightly better tweeter. (I personally dont hear much difference in the UP1C vs UP6i tweets though.)

Personally I'd stick with the Reference line unless you want to spend the money and step up to Iridium or Nobelium sets. Stay away from the UP or UR series. The UP/UR aren't "bad" at all but they really do lack in the midbass. Midrange and Highs are quite nice, but imo not any better than the Reference line options.

Bang for Buck I've always liked the DLS Reference line of components.

Compared to ID? I dont know about the component sets, but I do have a pair of ID OEM mids. Good mids, great midbass, little rough to work with up top but not horrible. They're a bit large to fit in doors compared to the DLS offerings so keep that in mind too.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Very good, but research the difference between the different models before you buy.

MS6A will have more midbass than the UP6, but the UP6 comes with a slightly better tweeter. (I personally dont hear much difference in the UP1C vs UP6i tweets though.)

Personally I'd stick with the Reference line unless you want to spend the money and step up to Iridium or Nobelium sets. Stay away from the UP or UR series. The UP/UR aren't "bad" at all but they really do lack in the midbass. Midrange and Highs are quite nice, but imo not any better than the Reference line options.

Bang for Buck I've always liked the DLS Reference line of components.

Compared to ID? I dont know about the component sets, but I do have a pair of ID OEM mids. Good mids, great midbass, little rough to work with up top but not horrible. They're a bit large to fit in doors compared to the DLS offerings so keep that in mind too.
Interesting observation on the midbass of the UP line. I have the UP6i in my truck and I would have to say that the midbass is the weakest point.

Otherwise they sound great, clear detailed highs, smooth midrange... they just dont have a lot of midbass punch!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Interesting observation on the midbass of the UP line. I have the UP6i in my truck and I would have to say that the midbass is the weakest point.

Otherwise they sound great, clear detailed highs, smooth midrange... they just dont have a lot of midbass punch!
I had the Ultimate 3-way and I have to agree with you on the midbass. Didn't have much punch, but was ok for midrange.

·
Registered
446 Posts
my thoughts. unless u go with ur's or up. and have decently deadened doors or kicks, u will lack midbass. awesome speakers starting from ur's and up. iridiums are one of my fav comp sets to date

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Unfortunately I can't give them a listen. DLS does not have any dealers even remotely close to me (I emailed them for a retailer list).

I like their amps might go with the A5 and A2 to power everything or the JL slash amps.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have currently have the DLS Iridiums and they are amazing. The reference series components are also very good, a couple of my friends have them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts