DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Limited Edition amps, only around 1500 being made. Its a 100x2 tube amp. They got a limited amount of military grade tubes, and made these amps.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well they look exactly like the rest of the DLS Ultimate amps but with the display
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah they were, this one was taken in a shop
 
A

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
LOL. Thats a tube input stage. That ain't no tube amp :) . Just a gimmick for the easily influenced minds. A tube output stage wouldn't work out too well in a car. Unless you planned never to drive :rolleyes: .

Cheers,

AJ

edit TD Denver!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
AJinFLA said:
Just a gimmick for the easily influenced minds.
Curious...
Why make such a blanket statement?
Are you an amp designer/engineer?
Or is this simply your opinion? Based on what?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,352 Posts
FocusInCali said:
Curious...
Why make such a blanket statement?
Are you an amp designer/engineer?
Or is this simply your opinion? Based on what?
True tube amps dont make big power... unless you think 10-15w/ch is enough to overcome roadnoise then you're fine...
 
W

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
AJinFLA said:
LOL. Thats a tube input stage. That ain't no tube amp :) . Just a gimmick for the easily influenced minds. A tube output stage wouldn't work out too well in a car. Unless you planned never to drive :rolleyes: .

Cheers,

AJ

edit TD Denver!
I know of at least three full tube amps in production for the car ... one of them, for about twenty years now :) Yes ... tube input (preamp) stages, tube output (power) stages ... whole signal path being tubes. Including associated transformers.

But I agree, this DLS amp isn't one of them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,149 Posts
300Z said:
True tube amps dont make big power... unless you think 10-15w/ch is enough to overcome roadnoise then you're fine...

A true tube amp can make all the power you want to spend :)

Flip on the radio, the station's final amp is a 50KW tube amp, I have seen tube amps on a CONSUMER level make hundreds of watts.

Just would be a PITA to implement in the vehicle.

Chad
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,851 Posts
Actually, a trunk heater would actually be pretty nice to have. My car PC sometimes blue-screens when the temp's below 0. A tube amp would work nicely. :) But who wants to wait for warm-up?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,352 Posts
chad said:
A true tube amp can make all the power you want to spend :)

Flip on the radio, the station's final amp is a 50KW tube amp, I have seen tube amps on a CONSUMER level make hundreds of watts.

Just would be a PITA to implement in the vehicle.

Chad
I'm sorry, i guess i should had been more specific...

Car Audio Tube amps dont make big power... :p :( At least none that i'm aware of...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
229 Posts
werewolf said:
I know of at least three full tube amps in production for the car ... one of them, for about twenty years now :) Yes ... tube input (preamp) stages, tube output (power) stages ... whole signal path being tubes. Including associated transformers.

But I agree, this DLS amp isn't one of them.
TRU
Milbert
xxxxxxx

What's the third?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
578 Posts
LOL... I wonder If I should tell a buddy of mine the Tube sound he thinks he heard from his US Amps 4360T wasn't really there.
 
W

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
nah ... even tubes in a preamp stage can still impart the tube "sound" ... or more accurately, distortion (pleasing as it may be to some, myself included).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
werewolf said:
nah ... even tubes in a preamp stage can still impart the tube "sound" ... or more accurately, distortion (pleasing as it may be to some, myself included).
That's what I was inquiring about.

I was just wondering why he said amps with a tube preamp stage was a gimmick.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
racerraul said:
LOL... I wonder If I should tell a buddy of mine the Tube sound he thinks he heard from his US Amps 4360T wasn't really there.
I happen to think that the US Amps tu600 one of the finest available...
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top