DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just look at the title, leaning towards either side just from reading?

I am bouncin back in forth between the two. After swapping out my Boston Pro's with those DLS, I am very happy. Tweets are ultra smooth, natural, great set of components. However, mid-bass is lackin.' I am not the only one to complain on this particular set. I have the mids on axis in deadened kicks, 3 layers of fiberglass, 1 layer of bondo, inside is coated with deadener, and lol several coats of paint, and mid-bass isn't exactly strong, or evan close.

My head unit has active capabilites, T/A, the whole 9 yards. I do not have an amplifier yet, but plan on getting a 4 channel either way with active capabilities.

On the raw drivers side, i was thinkin Sea's Prestige, the poly woven cone and the Scanspeak HDS tweeters. I can't find the peerless hds tweets anywhere on madisound.com or partsexpress.com. I thought the peerless HDS's replaced the Scan's HDS's?

So what you guys thinkin' Head with the Sea's and Scan's or stick to my DLS.

Subwoofer is a 10" IDQ in trunk.

·
Registered
78 Posts
i would say stick with the DLS at least until you can hear them on an amp. If you're wanting more midbass it's gonna take some power to achieve that. Also i believe the scanspeak discovery HDS's replaced the peerless HDS's.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
"add an amp"

Maybe I forgot to mention. I have a Memphis Belle on them. Pushing 230 RMS to each seperate. I know seems like a lot but they sound terrible with 75rms on them,.

I also have an Alpine Head Unit and imprint.

I am just looking to upgrade........would the Seas Pestige and Scans HDS be an upgrade, or would I have to move to the Seas Excels and Scans Revelator tweets?

Those ultimates are not DLS top end Line. They are not their lowest either. I just want to see if anyone has any comparisons between any of the DLS series-whether it be the Ultimate, Nobelium, or reference lines vs any of the Seas drivers like the Excels or Prestige's.

thanks.

Sorry LOL I guess I stated I do not have an amplifiier yet in my 1st posting. I do have a 4 channel amplifier running my DLS. It is bridged into 2 channel mode pushing 230 RMS to each seperate. I had it in 4 channel mode only using the front 2 channels and were running 75 rms to each seperate and well they didnt sound very good with that amount of power to them.

Reason I said I pla on getting a 4 channel amplifier is because the one I have now is too lengthy for my instal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts