DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have BMW E46...I always run rcas down center and assume power and ground is/should be down passenger side. And oh yea my battery is in the trunk.
thanks
rob

·
Registered
17,148 Posts
My Civic, battery under hood, drivers side, I ran power down drivers side, tried signal down middle but it was WAY noisy since the car's loom when down the center and split off, I opted to run signal down middle of the pass side, speakers run pass/drivers side, drivers side along with power, XM is also with this. Control for ham radio and mic RJ45 is down the middle to under the driver's seat, coax from that straight across top pass side and meets up with speaker wiring to continue to the rear of the hatch. I had SOME RF issues with the ham rig and switched to a killer coax and that solved it. Everything is pretty much crossed at 90 degree angles.

More than you wanted to know but I figured while the reply box was open, what the hell.

·
Registered
983 Posts
I just ran my RCAs in my E46 and I routed them up to the CD player under the lower center dash part along the right side of the driver's side footwell, down underneath my gas pedal, and from there to my driver's side kick panel and all the way back to the trunk through the wire channel in the door sills. Zip tied to the stock wiring.

It's a tight fit... I made my own RCAs with thick-ass Belden coax cable, which was a huge waste of space... hopefully you have an easier time than me :)

HTH.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
When I get my setup going power wire will be under the car. Forget pulling panels and trying to make 0/1 fit under it.

·
Registered
741 Posts
'02 Chevy Blazer 2DR

Battery on passenger side, power and remote turn-on lead on passenger side, speaker cables for right channel on passenger side.

Speaker cables for left channel on driver's side.

All six channels of RCA's and telephone cable (AudioControl Epicenter), run from front of center console under dash, across the floor and under driver seat, across the rear left passenger floor to the driver's side, up along side rear seat on left side.

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Most installs I've done lately have actually been the opposite!

2000 Altima - driver's side
2008 Tribute - driver's side
2007 Mazda 3 - driver's side
2008 Focus - driver's side

Actually, I can't remember the last car I ran power down the passenger side.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts