DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, my 1991 Honda Accord, with over 300,000 miles on it, finally died (broken crank shaft, of all things!). I'm going to pick up a 2003 Honda Accord LX, so I am going to start all over with the audio system. I will not be able to use the Eclipse CD8454 head unit, but most other components I will be able to install into the car.

I have a Mosconi 6to8 V8 that I will be pulling from my previous car. Will this be a good fit with the stock head unit on this 2003 Accord? Or, are there better DSPs for it? Are there better DSPs for stock radios. Does the 6to8 V8 lack anything that would make it perform at optimum because of the stock head unit?

And, does anyone know of any concerns, pitfalls, etc. with working with that generation Accord?

Thanks.

·
Registered
17,645 Posts
id be more focused on getting a proper source as opposed to worrying what dsp you have at this stage.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
id be more focused on getting a proper source as opposed to worrying what dsp you have at this stage.
Okay, but it looks like I will not be able to switch out the head unit. It's like with all current cars, now. All controls are integrated into the dashboard. The head unit is integrated into the dashboard, so I do not think I can change that out.

If you look at pics of the 2003 Accord, you will see what I mean. If I can change out head units, I will gladly do that.

·
Registered
17,645 Posts
Okay, but it looks like I will not be able to switch out the head unit. It's like with all current cars, now. All controls are integrated into the dashboard. The head unit is integrated into the dashboard, so I do not think I can change that out.

If you look at pics of the 2003 Accord, you will see what I mean. If I can change out head units, I will gladly do that.
did ya even look? sorry to break it to ya, but 2003 isnt very new lol. There are multiple options from metra alone. One to replace the factory radio, and one to add an aftermarket one below it. The first option includes hvac controls but is more expensive. the second one installs a radio below the oem hvac controls in the little cubby.

Results for: 2003 > Honda > Accord > LX > 2-door > Coupe | Vehicle Fit Guide | Metra Online

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
did ya even look? sorry to break it to ya, but 2003 isnt very new lol. There are multiple options from metra alone. One to replace the factory radio, and one to add an aftermarket one below it. The first option includes hvac controls but is more expensive. the second one installs a radio below the oem hvac controls in the little cubby.

Results for: 2003 > Honda > Accord > LX > 2-door > Coupe | Vehicle Fit Guide | Metra Online
I just picked up the Accord today. I had only looked at pics previously and did not notice the cubby hole underneath, which is covered by a door. I don't like the option of putting my Eclipse CD8454 in that cubby hole. I am going to want to use that space for storage. So, it looks like I am going to have to let go of that head unit and get a double din (that's a bummer, I really liked it). And, since I will be doing that, I won't have to worry about my Mosconi 6to8, since it was working fine with my Eclipse. I was worried that the Mosconi wouldn't integrate well with the stock head unit of the Accord, but that's a moot point, now.

Any recommendations on a double-din? I would like to keep it as simple as possible, keeping my eyes on the road as much as possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts