DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into used double DIN head units, as hoping to replace my stock unit soon. Specifically I have been looking at Pioneer's and Alpines. One thing I have noticed that I am curious about though, is the used value of Alpines units.

For example, I regularly see W505's going for the same prices as W200 and W205 units. Given that the 505 is newer, has a larger screen etc, why is it so cheap compared to the W200/W205? Or are the W200/W205 units over priced? Does the W505 have problems that are forcing the values down lower?

Thanks.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I have both a W205 (in the Accord) and a W505 (in the Fit). I would guess that the issue with the W505 is the goofy optical connector. I like the GUI and iPod options on the 505 much better but for most of us the standard optical output connector on the 205 makes it a better option.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I prefer the 505 for the larger screen, better Bluetooth options, and the reasons above and never thought about the digital connection as I had a few cables sitting around when I got the unit. I do have several broken 200s and 205s, though only one broke while I was using it, all others were given to me as toys after they were broken.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts