DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody out there use DRC to tune their car?
Digital room correction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It's basically a PC-based system that measures the car stereo's impulse response and corrects it using fancy DSP-based FIR filters. In the meantime, you get the equivalent of an automatically-generated 30+ band parameteric equalizer, your choice of target curves, basic time alignment, phase correction, and more. If there are people who use this, I think it would be awesome to get a discussion going.

SG

·
Registered
113 Posts
Does anybody out there use DRC to tune their car?
Digital room correction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It's basically a PC-based system that measures the car stereo's impulse response and corrects it using fancy DSP-based FIR filters. In the meantime, you get the equivalent of an automatically-generated 30+ band parameteric equalizer, your choice of target curves, basic time alignment, phase correction, and more. If there are people who use this, I think it would be awesome to get a discussion going.

SG
Can you please explain which one you use and how it works I would be very interested to know.... Thanks

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are devices that do similar things [ some have tried them, Imprint...etc.., ];)

search reveals ... http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/diyma-tutorials/50129-imprint-tuning-hints-tips.html
Yeah, Imprint by Alpine and the MS-8 processor from JBL...

Can you please explain which one you use and how it works I would be very interested to know.... Thanks
I'm actually using the free Duff DRC right now. Main Page - DRC
Measurements using a calibrated ECM8000 using 45sec sine sweep, the filter and corrections done with the DRC software, the filter plugged into a convolver VST plugin, and winamp is my player. It all on a small PC in my car that feeds the Behringer DCX2496 via digital coax. My only complaint is that I haven't figure out how to generate spatially averaged impulse responses yet, though when I take spatially averaged RTA's with the result, it's pretty darn smooth, even in 1/6th octave resolution.

SG

1 - 4 of 4 Posts