DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my new to me 2008 ever popular Dodge Ram Quad Cab is getting a new REC nav unit in the dash.

What /where is the best way to RCA outs.

I understand there are factory amplifiers in the truck, I either have the 6 or 7 speaker Infinity set up.

I searched and found reference to the unit having Line outs of 5 volts .

New system will have 2 sub amps (DD SS1A ) and 4 DDSS2 amps for the components unless the DDSS$ is really underrated

have not decided on EQ and xover, likley 6 channel Audio control set up.

I am not a SQ purist, but i demand minimal distortion and the equipment to be very reliable.

thansk for any help regarding the factory deck

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
highly recommend you get rid of the deck and amps...if not you'll need a oem signal transfer device ala the cleansweep, and a way to discern the signal splits (the ram is rather odd in that regard off the amp)..

good luck.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
No need to ditch the REC nav. Ill be using a PAC aoem-chy unit. It plugs inline between the Factory unit and amp and gives you a pair of RCA outs

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the peripheral unit i was looking at gives 4 rca outs before the amplifier.

I ordered a complete service manual so I can trace the wiring. there is a set of sub outs somewhere to facilitate the adding of the amplifier and kicker sub.

really jacked up and exited. First system I have put together in a while and for myself in a long while.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts