DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
18,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering getting an alpine f1 dvi-9990 + h990 combo. I was hoping someone could tell me FOR SURE if an ipod will work with this combo by using the KCI-500B ion-bus to ai-net adapter in conjunction with the KCA-420i ipod adapter for ai-net.
I would think it would, but I've been told by the guy I might purchase it from that he's told it's hit or miss.

Anyone know for sure? Personal experience please.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hey..
I also considering getting an alpine f1 dvi-9990 + h990 combo too, but unsure same as you..
Have you got some solution of this?

I have this Alpine MHA-S670 (CDmag only Ai-Net) & CHA-S604 (MDmag only Ai-Net) , but have thinking to run 2x 40 GB 2,5” SSD-harddisc driver with Alpine KCA-620M!

If the works?

·
Registered
115 Posts
After that I understand from the manual. When use KCI-500B can only use two thing to this:
*CD-changer some are Ai-net
*DAB tuner

I my "case" most well have this too, can control of two unit KCA-410C - Ai-Net Multi-Changer/Versatile Link Adapter http://www.crutchfield.com/S-CmWbG0zjslR/p_500KCA410C/Alpine-KCA-410C.html

So I think that works. But have read about the other Alpine adaptor for USB have problem!

KCA-420i
Alpine KCA-420i iPod control interface at Crutchfield.com

KCA-620M
Alpine KCA-620M USB Adapter Add a USB port to your compatible Alpine stereo at Crutchfield.com

I was interest to run some big harddriver with KCA-620M to F#1... But very unsure about this!
F#1 can read file as WMA!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Old therad back to life! :)
Has anyone ever tried running iPod or USB adapters via KCI-500B with F#1? Will it work?
KCI-500B is very rare & expensive, just to buy it for testing....
Currently I use iPod via line-in in PXA-H990, but for sure this is not the best sounding option.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts