DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
648 Posts
my whole dash is covered with open cell foam and a carpet dash pad....took care of a ton of reflections....

my underdash....i took out the factory panels....got some wire "mesh" that has about...1/2" by 1/2" squares in it....put egg crate foam on the top facing down toward the floor of the car....put open cell foam on the bottom of it....got out the needle and thread...sewed the two layers together onto the mesh....covered the bottom with carpet and installed back in the factory positions....

the need for eq'ing from 1k on up disappeared.....

· Registered
648 Posts

here is the crater it created in the response from 1k to 4k....which was pretty heavily eq'd before hand....and then i took it all out and she was pretty damn flat...

done on behringer 2496 with the ecm8000 mic....

· Registered
648 Posts
scott buwalda did a really good writeup on car sound about this type of stuff....

at least..i think it was buwalda...and i think it was carsound.....:)

· Registered
648 Posts
DearS said:
It might have been soundillusions.net, I think I remember those pics.

that's where i've posted my pics....

but there was a writeup on carsound....it was awhile ago though...

· Registered
648 Posts
i just snagged the stuff madisound has in their miscellaneous section....it was cheap....:)

i got the egg crate foam at walmart in the bedding section...:)

· Registered
648 Posts
Ludemandan said:
Hey Derek, where are your tweeters mounted? I'm guessing they're in the footwells under all the under-dash foam.
they are in the far corners of my dash....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.