DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
If you are wanting to go active, I don't think that is a 3-way active HU. Only the 7200MKII is. It does seem to have a good deal of processing built in, but lacks the 24 bit DAC that the 7200 has. The 9886 isn't 3-way active either, but the 9887 is. Not sure exactly what you're looking for though.

I'm also not sure when it comes out. I thought I heard April-May but I can't remember for sure.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not really sure if I want to go active or not. I thought the 9886 had x-overs if used with the imprint. I just really like the look of that new eclipse.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I'm not really sure if I want to go active or not. I thought the 9886 had x-overs if used with the imprint. I just really like the look of that new eclipse.
I agree- I actually think it looks tons better than the 7200. I'm not sure if the 9886 is 3-way active with Imprint or not, but I know you need Imprint to give the HU any advanced tuning capabilities. I don't think anything is built-in. In this regard, the 9887 is a better HU, and if you don't need active, the new Eclipse may just be the way to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts