DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a double din to replace my OEM radio in my 2010 Legacy GT. I really have no need for navi as i use my phones for that. I really want a detailed screen, DVD player radio,satellite setup. I have an Alpine INA W910 on hold currently. Seems like a great unit, but once again I don't need the navi part. Also this will be incorporated into my MS8, active system. Thank you in advance for your help.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I don't know about where you live but any cell phone usage like texting/talking or even looking at your phone while driving is quickly becoming illegal in many states. A cop is not going to care or know exactly what you were using your phone for, if they see you on it you could get a ticket. Now I know punching numbers into a navi unit it the same thing but at least you won't get a ticket for it.

Sent from Tapatalk.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My destination gets set before my car leaves my driveway. My other phone is Bluetooth activated. So now again I am in need of just what I stated earlier please. :)

·
Registered
510 Posts
clarion has two. whether or not they are "great" is debatable.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK maybe great is too strong of a word, may I have someones own personal experience in choosing one please.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a pioneer avh-p4200dvd and I like it a lot. The 4300 model lets you control pandora radio. And if you want navi later on, you can add it. Bluetooth can be added also. Or you can pick up one of their BT ready models. I am a pioneer HU guy though. Always had real good luck with them!

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for your suggestion, I am not brand specific so I will look into this. Thank you again.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have an 08 C6 vet, and I was on the search for a great double din without nav............

In the end I gave up and just went with this:

Pioneer Stage 4 DEX-P99RS

And with the single din you get a nice little storage pocket under the deck.

LionelC

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have the Pioneer FH-P8000BT which is just a CD player because I don't need to watch movies while I drive and I love it. 6ch 4V outs, Bluetooth for phone, USB with native iPod controls, 8 band EQ, and easy operation. I know you said DVD but if you don't need DVD check it out. I love it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts