DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Does axis really make that much of a diff ( L3SE question )

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Hernan 
#1 ·
About 3 months ago in my quest for the blend of SQ and output I bought a pair of Hybrid Audio L3-SE's from my local dealer. I told them that I would prefer to have them installed in the factory dash locations of my XC70. The dash has them firing straight up at the windsheild. I have them running active off of a RF 450.4 on the front channels and 6 1/2" Focal slim polyglass off of the rear channel. I do have a 3.sixty.2 in the mix but I haven't go ahold a proper palm to tune it with so it really doesnt do much. Here is my problem I get a annoying ( to me ) amount of ringing or harshness at higher output. Will I need to go to pillars like others have or??? I thought I would be blown away by these and I am not. I'm frustrated but not convinced it's the speakers fault. Help a brotha out.

#5 ·
Sounds like a combo of reflections and lack of eq. If you don't already own one a dash mat will help quite a bit with reflections on the top end. Is the front of the drivers completely sealed off from the back of the drivers? Front and back wave interference will also cause what you're hearing.

#6 ·
Well from what it sounds like I need to get a palm and find somebody to help me tune this thing. I really don't wanna go back to where I got my install done. I didn't really like the service I got from them and think it was because I didn't buy my equiptment from them. Thanks for the help, kinda confirmed what I thought.

#11 ·
If it is color and has bluetooth then it should work. If I could use it that would be awesome. I looked under my grills and the fronts are not completely blocked off, but they are mostly. I would have to take the dash completely off to fix that. I don't really have time for that right now. Maybe getting the 3sixty up would help out.

#14 ·
Check out eBay you can pick up a rf compatible pda for $25 and up depending how nice of a unit you want. Just sucks because that's about the only reason you'll probably use it, so out dated.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.