DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been installing my minidsp in my car and it works great when hooked up to my computer but doesn't do anything when plugged into my car's USB. Does it need a computer to work or is it just my car's usb doesn't give it power because it doesn't recognize it?

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
the minidsp is only programmed with a computer. once you disconnect it, i twill work on its own. why are you powering it with a usb connection? the green connector has B+, remote and ground on it. you need to connect those to your car.

I am assuming you did buy and install the plugin for the minidsp?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the minidsp is only programmed with a computer. once you disconnect it, i twill work on its own. why are you powering it with a usb connection? the green connector has B+, remote and ground on it. you need to connect those to your car.

I am assuming you did buy and install the plugin for the minidsp?
It's just temporary. I'm wiring it to 12v today, I was just wondering if something was wrong with it. Everything's set up already except for it being wired in.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
couldn't tell ya. maybe when it detects usb power it is expecting a computer connection, so none of the functions are working. get it wired correctly and see if it works.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts