DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Inappropriate Thoughts
4,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to another forum member, I have this "dumb" question. Does the JL Audio 13w3v3 have the same mounting pattern as the 13w6v2? The reason being, I may pillage the 13w6v2 from my stealthbox and just sell, or give, the unloaded enclosure to a 2005-2009 Mustang owner. I want to make sure they have options without having to go through extensive customizations.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Thanks to another forum member, I have this "dumb" question. Does the JL Audio 13w3v3 have the same mounting pattern as the 13w6v2? The reason being, I may pillage the 13w6v2 from my stealthbox and just sell, or give, the unloaded enclosure to a 2005-2009 Mustang owner. I want to make sure they have options without having to go through extensive customizations.
According to the specifications on JL's site, the 13w3v3 has a mounting hole diameter of 12.5625 inches, with a bolt hole diameter of 13.2 inches.

The 13w6v2 has a mounting hole diameter of 12.5 inches, with a bolt hole diameter of 13.36 inches.

Additionally, the 13w6v2 utilizes 10 mounting screws, while the 13w3v3 uses 8, similar to most other subwoofers.

So, if you "pillage" the 13w6v2 from your Stealthbox, you won't be able to replace it with a 13w3v3 without enlarging the hole or making some kind of adapter ring. If you can find a sub that will fit the Stealthbox and utilizes a 12.5" mounting hole, you could put it in and drill 8 new holes for mounting.

...or you could sell the Stealthbox at or close to MSRP, and use the cash to buy another 13w6v2.

·
Inappropriate Thoughts
4,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
According to the specifications on JL's site, the 13w3v3 has a mounting hole diameter of 12.5625 inches, with a bolt hole diameter of 13.2 inches.

The 13w6v2 has a mounting hole diameter of 12.5 inches, with a bolt hole diameter of 13.36 inches.

Additionally, the 13w6v2 utilizes 10 mounting screws, while the 13w3v3 uses 8, similar to most other subwoofers.
Thanks for the information. I would have thought to look it up myself had I not been fighting with insurance companies all morning long due to some jackhole hitting my car in a parking lot. Sadly, I'm still not done fighting. It's amazing how pissed off I get when dealing with insurance companies.:mad:

...or you could sell the Stealthbox at or close to MSRP, and use the cash to buy another 13w6v2.
That's highly unlikely because people are balking at paying the $500 I was asking for it on the various Mustang forums. I figured I'd just keep the sub and either give the enclosure away or throw it away. It will be useless to me once the car is gone and I can't get rid of this car fast enough.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Thanks for the information. I would have thought to look it up myself had I not been fighting with insurance companies all morning long due to some jackhole hitting my car in a parking lot. Sadly, I'm still not done fighting. It's amazing how pissed off I get when dealing with insurance companies.:mad:

That's highly unlikely because people are balking at paying the $500 I was asking for it on the various Mustang forums. I figured I'd just keep the sub and either give the enclosure away or throw it away. It will be useless to me once the car is gone and I can't get rid of this car fast enough.
It sounds like you're dealing with somebody else's insurance company and trying to get them to pay a claim. I would assume that they'd give you a hard time :mad:

Well... if you don't want to go through the trouble of finding a replacement speaker for the StealthBox, just make sure that whomever buys it KNOWS that it doesn't include a sub, and give some guidelines as to what might fit. Don't forget about interior volume, clearance behind the mounting ring, etc.

·
Inappropriate Thoughts
4,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I do have a hole in my bumper that wasn't there before Tuesday, November 22. My insurance company said I could either fix it myself and have them subrogate it or open a claim with the dipshit's insurance company. Thanks to said dipshit, I am now stuck with this car longer than I want to be because I'd take too much of a hit to trade it with the hole in the bumper.

The whole thing that pisses me off about this is that the car was damaged through no fault of my own, yet I have to arrange to have all the work done. I think that is ********.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Well, I do have a hole in my bumper that wasn't there before Tuesday, November 22. My insurance company said I could either fix it myself and have them subrogate it or open a claim with the dipshit's insurance company. Thanks to said dipshit, I am now stuck with this car longer than I want to be because I'd take too much of a hit to trade it with the hole in the bumper.

The whole thing that pisses me off about this is that the car was damaged through no fault of my own, yet I have to arrange to have all the work done. I think that is ********.
I went through something similar recently. Only it was a hit and run in a parking lot involving my wife's Armada. I filed a claim under my uninsured motorist ( which was a lower deductible than if it were comp./collision) and dropped it off with the body shop. Allstate paid for the rental SUV for the week also.

$200 and it is as good as new! All parts and labor totaled about $2300.

Just a thought. But, you have already talked to your agent about it so I would recommend using jackholes insurance and make sure they give you a rental. My entire process took 8 days....not bad!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,273 Posts

This sounds like when I was rear-ended in a carwash. I had to cough up for the repairs and a rental car for a week, which together were less than my deductable. My insurance company's [Progressive] subrogation department attempted first to go after the old guy's insurance company [Allstate], then the carwash itself, on suspicion of faulty equipment. Allstate took their "good hands" and put them in "boxing gloves" and refused the claim. The carwash wouldn't even provide the name of their insurance agent or company until I had an attorney draft a demand letter; that got a response within 48 hours.

I was only able to recover 50% from the insurance company based on some "split fault" arrangement where blame could not be fully assigned and the incident was on private property.

...now that I think of it, that old man probably *did* step on the gas when he got impatient when the car wash's power went off for a minute. If the statute of limitations wasn't up, I'd go after him, but I don't care anymore.

I am glad, however, that the car wash lost of lot of business due to road construction adjacent to it :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts