F3 = 29.17 Hz
Fill = normal
--Vents--
No. of Vents = 2
Vent shape = round
Vent ends = one flared (outside)
Dv = 3 in
Lv = 41.29 in

This will be my first vented enclosure design, and hopefully the last box i build for the e39. The sub will be getting 419w RMS.

On to the pics:

The red line shows where im planing on folding the ports. I know you should place your port(s) so there is nothing within one diameter of it; but i am bound by the rear firewall. (How detrimental will this be, im guessing the closer it is to something the more turbulence caused thus more port noise at a lower velocity?)
The dark blue is the area of the rear firewall i've cut out.
The light blue area is what you will see when the arm rest is down. (is it ok that ~1/3 of the sub will be firing into the rear of the arm rest?)

The closer a point is to 0 the more 'tight' the base sounds correct since it will be producing said note at the same time as the other speakers in the car, right? If that is correct i dont understand how this graph could have any negative values?

Is there anything you guys would recommend i change? And ive (now) read countless times that a vented enclosure produces much more pressure withing the box than a similar sealed enclosure; would you recommend i had an internal brace?
Some builds people have used milkshake/resin to coat the interior of their boxes, as long as i don't have any air leaks that would be of no use for me right?

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Why two ports there instead of one right here.
If length is an issue use the one on top if not go for the bottom.

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why two ports there instead of one right here.
If length is an issue use the one on top if not go for the bottom.
i wanted to fire all the sub/box energy directly into the cabin; i forgot to mention that.. the other idea would be to have the ports exit the top of the box and up through the parcel shelf but im not ok with cutting into the body.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The simulations don't show two 90 degree bends in each of your ports as well. That changes things quite a lot, because you now have to redirect the airflow twice, losing velocity in each turn.
This was in reference to a rectangular port, does the same apply to round ports?

BTW ive edited all my questions to be in bold.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts