DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have both 4 and 0 guage cca wire, I dont want to buy more wire .

is it ok to do the big 3 with cca ?

and should i use 4ga or 0ga?

im running a fosgate 500 prime and 150 prime in one car and a skar 800.1 and toro 80x2 in another.

thanks in advance.

· Registered
1,902 Posts
Buy Tinned OFC wire. Buy once and you will wont have to replace it later. CCA corrodes and carries less amperage.(OFC will also corrode just not to the extent CCA will, thats why i recommend tinned OFC) Due to corrosion the connections can heat up, melt, some manufacturers void your warranty if you use CCA wire. It's just not worth it in my opinion.

If you do use it, make sure to crimp on tinned copper terminals and use marine grade heat shink to avoid it getting corroded. You will have to look up the math but its a certain % less conductive than copper wire. With the setup you are doing you probably dont even need to do any upgrades at all...

· Registered
2006 Toyota Camry LE 2.4L - Seeing how good I can make cheap components sound.
599 Posts
This reminds me, I recently asked Sky High Audio how much amperage their 1/0 cca could support over 20 ft.

275 Amps. Ha!

and Sky High is good wire

· Premium Member
7,703 Posts
CCA wire has its uses, but I would not recommend using it for a big 3-4 upgrade.
I wonder if living in Arizona or Saudi Arabia, where it is dry, would make it a good choice?
(Salt air, humidity, and road salt seem like deal breakers.)

· Registered
2006 Toyota Camry LE 2.4L - Seeing how good I can make cheap components sound.
599 Posts
I wonder if living in Arizona or Saudi Arabia, where it is dry, would make it a good choice?
(Salt air, humidity, and road salt seem like deal breakers.)
Honestly I use cca speaker inside my car where it's climate controlled. All ofc in the doors.

14 gauge cca speaker wire has been in there for 5 or 6 years

Reactions: Holmz

· Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Honestly I use cca speaker inside my car where it's climate controlled. All ofc in the doors.

14 gauge cca speaker wire has been in there for 5 or 6 years
I use the copper, but mostly because the 4 core stuff is easy to run... (A bit big, but it is all together.)

· Registered
138 Posts
Plenty of data out there

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.