DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a real beauty of an amp, I could honestly list it as NIB if it weren't for the small chip in the corner of the bottom plastic. There's a reason you don't see many of these posted for sale (I've seen 4-5x as many 2.2's on the market in the past 2 years) . In a conversation with Ray he mentioned to me that a modified DPS500 is the only amp that sounds better than a 2.2HV and that they're output is equal to/slightly more than it as well. I'm guessing it puts out an honest 800Wrms and probably more. The stock 500's boast an impressive .009%THD, 115db SNR, and 4hz-210khz FR... i'm not sure how much the mods improve on that but it's pretty sick to think it can get any better :D

$700 shipped FIRM

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
drool ...nice....wish I could do it...

·
Banned
2,534 Posts
Beautiful amp, Just wish it was in the older style heatsink, it just would stand out with my others.

GLWS

·
Inappropriate Thoughts
4,007 Posts
I don't know if we can call this a "small footprint" though :eek:

Bump for a good guy!

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had changed my mind on selling it but alas... a 6 months later bump :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thinking about it. I meant to stop by TIPS Friday and see if he has something sweet. If I can't buy straight from the MAN this looks like a great option.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no problem, just let me know. I may be opening the vault to some other sweet sweet LP's.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.