Everything else can wait..

·
Registered
72 Posts
Subscribed.

·
Banned
2,535 Posts
I read his mind and the Winner is " Clarion 9255 ", now for the rest of the rankings...

JMHO

The list of "contenders" is:

1. Alpine W505
2. Rockford Fosgate (Denford) RFX-8250
3. Denon DCT-A10
4. Eclipse 55090
5. Pioneer P9 Combo
6. Clarion DRZ 9255
7. McIntosh MX406
8. ALpine 9861

maybe a few others...

- Maybe I need to get a 9255, Can you still find them or even a P9 ?

The Alpines are nice but not the greatest in SQ compared to the select few others but do have a lot of goodes when used with H701 or H900. Processing is nice but Built for SQ is better.

We are waiting :p

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
I dunno. I found the 9255 very cold sounding. Wasn't my cup of tea. Hell, Fred has an Alpine DVD unit (one of the single DIN's, I can't remember which) in his Passat and it sound PHENOMENAL. I will whole-heatedly disagree that Alpines aren't good SQ units.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I will whole-heatedly disagree that Alpines aren't good SQ units.
You well damn right cowboy!!

Are you talking about this HU below (DVA-9965)? This is one of my fav Alpine DVD units besides the F#1 status (DVI-9990) :bowdown:

·
18,422 Posts
I dunno. I found the 9255 very cold sounding. Wasn't my cup of tea. Hell, Fred has an Alpine DVD unit (one of the single DIN's, I can't remember which) in his Passat and it sound PHENOMENAL. I will whole-heatedly disagree that Alpines aren't good SQ units.
I hate to speak out of turn, but Fred's got more than just the alpine headunit inside the alpine headunit. I'm pretty sure he told me his 9861 has been modded.

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
I hate to speak out of turn, but Fred's got more than just the alpine headunit inside the alpine headunit. I'm pretty sure he told me his 9861 has been modded.
Only to allow the faceplate/body separation. The internals are stock. His 701 on the other hand...but he's not even running it.

·
Registered
609 Posts
+ 1

I absolutely love my 9887... and I haven't taken the time to dial it in properly or use the Imprint yet...

quality_sound said:
I will whole-heatedly disagree that Alpines aren't good SQ units.

·
Registered
496 Posts
wow, that's weird. I consider alpines to be cold and thin sounding units while the Drz is a warmer, more detailed unit. I haven't heard the alpine DVD hu's but I think the new 9887 sounds like poop compared to the DRZ

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I am "guessing" that the Denford's provided the "best SQ". I am "guessing" that Doitor is going to run a P9 combo when all is said and done.

I'd run a P9 too, if I had $850 lying around to snag the one in the classifieds.:rockon:

....and the verdict is......

·
Banned
2,535 Posts
I am "guessing" that the Denford's provided the "best SQ". I am "guessing" that Doitor is going to run a P9 combo when all is said and done.

I'd run a P9 too, if I had $850 lying around to snag the one in the classifieds.:rockon:

....and the verdict is......

Let's hope not I hate to think his ears have gone semi bad, everyone knows a DRZ9255 is one of if not the best.

Well I never had a P9 but had a ODR it was great even my Rockford 8240/50's were very nice but I still feel the DRZ9255 is his choice. :D

hmm wish i had my 415 Eclipse back also, damn thieves. :mad:

161 - 180 of 209 Posts