DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to avoid doing this but Allan has left me absolutely no choice. I have been pm and emailing him for 2 days without response. On August 10, 2011, I purchased a set of Hertz MLK 165's for $650.00 dollars from him. I researched him prior to purchasing and he had positive reviews. I sent the money to him as a gift after much discussion. When I received the speakers I didn't get a chance to look at them since I had a pretty major back surgery that week. After recovery, I had a chance to start planning my install. Well, when I took a close look at the set, I suspected they were fake. A quick call to a Hertz dealer and some photos confirmed that they are fake. Now I have been trying to contact him but he does not respond.

The money is gone, I realize that. However, I would like to warn others who might do business with Allan to carefully consider your actions. I can only surmise that he knew they were fake and is unwilling to deal with me. If he was honest then we could have worked something out. I am nothing if not reasonable. Funny how people will piss away their reputations for a measly $650.00 dollars.

Well that is my story. If your thinking about doing business with him....DON'T!

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Its funny, (well not to your situation of course....it sucks!) but this guy went on a tear about someone that was underselling him for Hertz stuff saying that they were fake and thats why he was selling them so cheap (followed the guy everywhere on the forum bringing it up). He was just pissed that someone was selling them cheaper? WTF? I have no clue if the other guy was selling fakes or not, I just thought it was pretty crappy he was pissed about the selling price side of it....now to find out this guy is selling fakes????? LOL!!!!!!!!!!! (again, not funny to be in your situation, its unacceptable!) FYI to all those out there.....There are probably more fakes then legit on the internet and since most on here are cheap bastards and fail to look into that when buying from ebay and some of the shady stores, you also have a great chance to get fakes here too! There are a lot of dealers on here, my advice is to start looking for them. I know exactly what the mark up is on hertz (I have a price sheet for them) and you should be able to get a good deal from someone that wants to help. The mark up on all audio can be pretty good.....hertz makes me sick though!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, I saw that. I am just getting back into car audio so I was unsure how to spot the fake Hertz sets. Unfortunately, I just got a $650.00 lesson.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Yea, I saw that. I am just getting back into car audio so I was unsure how to spot the fake Hertz sets. Unfortunately, I just got a $650.00 lesson.
Yeah, that really really sucks! Not a good lesson to have to learn :(

There are a **** ton of fakes of several company's out there. I cant recommend enough that people get out there and buy authorized, be it local or someone on here. To me, and this is a great lesson for all, its just not worth it most of the time!

Again, sorry you had to go through it and hope you get your system up and running as you hoped soon!

·
Mobile Audio SQ
3,387 Posts
He was banned in the past few months. That to me would have been a red flag.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
After watching him communicate with others, before bannage would have been the red flag to me.

I would not buy a postage stamp from him... used.

·
Super Moderator
2,487 Posts
Allan74 was only temporarily banned. He racked up enough infractions to receive a 90 day ban. That 90 day period has come and gone.

He is no longer a banned member, he should be able to come defend himself, if there is a defense.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I hope he does come and try to defend himself. I would like to resolve this with him. I am not unreasonable.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I've dealt with Allan before and he was a decent guy... It's hard to see that he would do this, I always liked Allan. Hopefully he comes and takes care of this. You never know... The lack of response could be due to some kind of problem or that he just wasn't available. Let's please try to give him the benefit of the doubt before we crucify him.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've dealt with Allan before and he was a decent guy... It's hard to see that he would do this, I always liked Allan. Hopefully he comes and takes care of this. You never know... The lack of response could be due to some kind of problem or that he just wasn't available. Let's please try to give him the benefit of the doubt before we crucify him.
Agreed. I would like him to communicate with me. Maybe he thought they were real. Who knows. I find it a bit hard to believe given his self professed knowledge on spotting fakes. Further, these are really cheap imitations. I would have spotted them earlier but I was recovering (a fact that Allan knew). Also, he was insistent that he not ship them until the money had been transferred to his account from Paypal. That being said, I am willing to work with him. I have sent him PM's, emails and a message through his website. If he responds maybe he can come up with a good excuse. I invite you to contact him so that he can explain his side of the story. Maybe he will respond to you.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Agreed. I would like him to communicate with me. Maybe he thought they were real. Who knows. I find it a bit hard to believe given his self professed knowledge on spotting fakes. Further, these are really cheap imitations. I would have spotted them earlier but I was recovering (a fact that Allan knew). Also, he was insistent that he not ship them until the money had been transferred to his account from Paypal. That being said, I am willing to work with him. I have sent him PM's, emails and a message through his website. If he responds maybe he can come up with a good excuse. I invite you to contact him so that he can explain his side of the story. Maybe he will respond to you.
shady as hell

·
Mobile Audio SQ
3,387 Posts
Allan74 was only temporarily banned. He racked up enough infractions to receive a 90 day ban. That 90 day period has come and gone.

He is no longer a banned member, he should be able to come defend himself, if there is a defense.
I didnt make myself clear, he was banned in the past and had a bad rep on the forum. I didnt see him around much along with a few others.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Its funny, (well not to your situation of course....it sucks!) but this guy went on a tear about someone that was underselling him for Hertz stuff saying that they were fake and thats why he was selling them so cheap (followed the guy everywhere on the forum bringing it up). He was just pissed that someone was selling them cheaper? WTF? I have no clue if the other guy was selling fakes or not, I just thought it was pretty crappy he was pissed about the selling price side of it....now to find out this guy is selling fakes????? LOL!!!!!!!!!!! (again, not funny to be in your situation, its unacceptable!) FYI to all those out there.....There are probably more fakes then legit on the internet and since most on here are cheap bastards and fail to look into that when buying from ebay and some of the shady stores, you also have a great chance to get fakes here too! There are a lot of dealers on here, my advice is to start looking for them. I know exactly what the mark up is on hertz (I have a price sheet for them) and you should be able to get a good deal from someone that wants to help. The mark up on all audio can be pretty good.....hertz makes me sick though!
That was the first thing that came to mind when I read this thread. WOW. I agree with the number of fakes as well. The high cost of saving money. I almost bought some stuff from him. OP-- very sorry to hear about this. I got scammed here ( I won't name names, but his initials are WES007PARKS ), but it wasn't for $650-- that really sucks.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Wow the guy that posted a thread about spotting fakes was selling fakes? WTF?

1 - 20 of 184 Posts